Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT 10 THINGS ARE YOU MOST GRATEFUL FOR?

Thanks

Default WHAT 10 THINGS ARE YOU MOST GRATEFUL FOR?

Hey Everybody,

Just a thought - I know it can be difficult living with such an unpredictable disease.
    Sometimes it's so easy to forget all the GOOD things we have in our lives.

I will share my top 10 list, and hope you will too.

Browneyedgirl

(Drum Roll Please)

1. I'm grateful for this good life...knowing that there are so many others in worse circumstances than I.

2. I'm gratefulfor my mom, she's my hero, confidant,cheerleader, and my heart.

3. I'm grateful for having a roof over my head, a nice warm bed to sleep in at night, and food (well, that I might love a little too much)!

4. I'm grateful for having friends who accept me - boo boo's and all (smile).

5. I'm grateful that we have the freedoms that so many in this world don't.

6. I'm grateful that I can laugh at myself, and be okay with it.

7. I'm grateful for modern technology - isn't this website the best???? AMEN !

8. I'm grateful for openminded people - they tell you like it is...good/bad.

9. I'm grateful to the supreme creator for being in control - lord knows, I'm not (smile).

10. Unusual yes, but I am grateful for having this disease - so many lessons have been learned, not only about myself: but about others - that compassion is still alive in the hearts of so many strangers-soon to become friends.

Thanks everyone - for letting me share. I hope this helps you as much as it helps me.

Life is good, love is better
    Browneyedgirl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok....Here is my top 10 list
    1. I am grateful for having been chosen, by God, to be the earthly parent to Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs. It was an honor and a blessing to have her in my life for twenty-four years!
    2. I am grateful to have a husband who is committed to my health and my happiness.
    3. I am grateful for my true "sister-friends" who have encouraged me and given me the strength to just keep living and who never stop loving me!
    4. I am grateful to have a son who, although he is still finding his way, values me as one of the most important people in his life.
    5. I am grateful for each day that I can come to this site and provide encouragement and comfort to someone else.
    6. I am grateful to our "Beloved Administrator" for his devotion to this site.
    7. I am grateful for every day that I wake up in a world where I am cherished (that means so much more than houses, money, cars etc.).
    8. I am grateful for the many every day heroes in this world andfor the kindness and caring that I find in people every where and every day (in spite of what the media would like us to believe that there is no goodness left in the world)
    9. I am grateful that, although there is still racism and sexism in this country, I enjoy basic freedoms and privileges that are denied in other parts of the world.
    10. I am grateful to be one with the Creator who is a GOD of love and forgiveness!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Sigh....Oh Browneyedgirl and Saysusie...nice job ladies! It is so great that both of you list so many things that money can't buy! I can't wait to read more! Sunshine101

Thanks

Excellent thread! Here's mine:

1. I'm grateful for my family, my mother, brothers, and my wonderful husband.

2. I'm grateful for the responsibility of my furry kids (2 dogs and 2 cats) who remind me from time to time home much they rely upon me to get up and take care of them.

3. I'm grateful for the freedom of the internet and that there is a place such as WeHaveLupus - I feel so less alone than I did a few days ago!

4. I'm grateful for the house we own and that there is no significant debt in our lives.

5. I'm grateful for living in a large enough city that there is adequate care for my Lupus.

6. I'm grateful for the strength I found to finally put some of my dreams into reality (my writing site and creating cover art for brother's music album).

7. I'm grateful for those friends and family who put up with the late night phone calls and listen to me when I'm mad at the world and god.

8. I'm grateful for my sight and my hearing which allow me to appreciate what's beautiful in the world and in people.

9. I'm grateful for the love I have received, even from strangers on the opposite of the world.

10. I'm grateful for the doctor who persevered on my behalf and after almost nine years, finally told me what was wrong and that I really wasn't "making it all up".
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

Default NICELY DONE....LADIES

I can't remember the last time I cried tears of joy, to see your hearts restores my faith in humanity......THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR SHARING.

Life is good - Love is better
    Browneyedgirl

p.s. Blessings to you...
    I love that you shared your hearts - THANK YOU.

Thanks

Okay here's my Top 10

1. I am grateful that God has given me life
    2. I am grateful that I have a loving and supportive husband
    3. I am grateful that I have a loving and supportive family ( my own and my husband's)
    4. I am grateful to God for giving me this disease at such a young age..I've learned things that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
    5. I am grateful to have wonderful doctors that push everyday to keep me healthy
    6. I am grateful for all the comforts of life God has given me
    7. I am grateful that I can continue to work at this time
    8. I am grateful for my kitty cat, he is what helps my stress level stay down :lol:
    9. I am grateful for my freedom
    10. I am grateful for my friends

Thanks

Default THANKS BUTTERFLY !!!

You do my heart good, thanks for spreading more love on our day. There's not enough money in this world that could buy the gifts that we've been blessed with; family, friends, and that good ole'stuff....called LOVE.

Thanks for sharing, love.

Browneyedgirl

Thanks

8)
    OK HERE's MY ANWERS

1...I am so LUCKY to have a wife who has stod beside me through, Liver Cancer, LUPUS, and a myraid of auto-immune problems that have all but ruined my life.

2...I am LUCKY to have been a MARINE and learned that we are ONLY as weak as our minds let us be and that we are always in control.

3...I am lucky to have been able to pursue my dreams as a professional musician and made a goodliving at it.

4...I am lucky to have FRIENDS who treat me as a normal friend and do not pity me

5...I am lucky to have GOOD MORAL VALUES and find the good even in the bad or worst of a situation.

6...I am lucky to have survived this long and been able to help as many people as I have been able to.

7...I am lucky to have people like YOU to talk to.

8...I am lucky to have had a good job with a pension and good doctors who all helped me diagnose my problems and treat them as best they could yet still allow me to intervene and make suggestions in my treatment.

9...I am lucky enough to have NOT been stupid when I was making alot of money so IF something should happen my house is paid for and there is PLENTY of money for my wife to live on and I'll know even on my death bed I took care of my wife even after my departure from this earth.

10..... I am LUCKY to have been blessed with a strong will which has kept me alive when some docs have already written me off, and to have TWO DOGS which I love as if they were my children , BUT MOSTLY I AM LUCKY TO BE ALIVE and knowing that I treat each day no matter how miserable I feel or how much pain I must deal with like it may be my last so I treat each day as it is prescious as the first day of my life !!!!!!

11..ONE EXTRA FOR ME...I am LUCKY to have a friend like CONRAD who owns this board for allowing us to have a place to get together and support each other...and ESPECIALLY I AM LUCKY TO HAVE SUZ as a friend of mine.....she knows things about me that I have not really disclosed to all yet she never pity's me and gives me the respect I have earned just by being HER FRIEND and SHE MINE,,,,,BUT MOSTLY I AM LUCKY I did all the research I did on this incidious disease and now have the chance to pass this knowledge onto you who are new to this disease.

There are so many more reasons to be gratefull, but the BIGGEST is having a GRANDMOTHER WHO TAUGHT ME how to treat others, but mostly for my LOVING GORGEOUS WIFE , who has given me the BEST 25 years of MY/HER life !!!!!!!!

StJames 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Hi St. James !!
    You are amazing - what a great inspiration you are!! Wow, thanks so much for sharing. Today, was a bit of a struggle for me. My M.D. said the lupus is now in my brain, heart, lungs and kidneys….I told the M.D. – it’s a damn good thing this dirty rotten scoundrel can’t get to my spirit; because that’s the part that matters most (smile) and that’s goin’ nowhere in any lifetime (smile).
    Thank you for moderating this great site!! It’s heartwarming to have an opportunity to connect with others who can mentor us newbies through this disease; and how genuinely caring they are ! It’s like a nice warm hug before ending my day. And if I may ask, please convey my deepest thanks to Conrad – for having the commitment and means to make this wonderful site happen.This site is like a pair of soft comfy slippers that only lupies can walk in and know. This site has become truly a safe venue for me to reach out and find hope, especially for those of us with limited supportive people in our lives. Like you, I am amazed that I am still breathing. “Cherish today; that’s why we call it the present”.

Browneyedgirl53

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,
    when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

Thanks

Default Ten Things I'm Grateful For & Why

1. I'm grateful for my God. Knowing that he has a plan helps get through my day.
    2. I'm grateful for my Husband. Even when I have moodswings, down days, crying because I've gained so much weight days he still loves me and tells me he thinks I'm beautiful.
    3. I'm grateful for my Daughter. She is a twenty five year old "Mama's Girl" and she such a wonderful daughter and mother.
    4. I'm grateful for my Granddaughter. She is the light of my life, she's "YaYa's Girl" just thinking about her makes me smile.
    5. I'm grateful for my Son, 13 yrs old and in the 7th grade, he keeps me young. He is so much like me it's scary. The next few years should be fun.
    6. I'm grateful for my Mother. Without her telling me to "get up and go and you will feel better" I know I would not be as strong as I am with this "thing" we call Lupus.
    7. I'm grateful that I can still work, it gives me purpose.
    8. I'm grateful that we own and operate our own business, it allows me to rest when I just can't "get up and go" anymore.
    9. I'm grateful for my Church where I have an opportunity help others and forget about my aches and pains.
    10. I'm grateful for my house, my home that I share with the people that love me the most.

PS, I grateful for finding the forum.
    May you have a blessed day.

Yaya