Thread: I have borderline lupus

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default I have borderline lupus

I have Raynaud's among other things and borderline lupus. I just want a place where I can express my feelings. My doctor says borderline lupus is not lupus, but I have many of the symptoms. I live in Oklahoma City with my husband and have two grown children and two grandchildren. I am retired. What does borderline lupus mean?

Thanks

Default Hi lamcalm

Just wanted to say "welcome", you will find this to be a wonderful place to share your thoughts, concerns, hopes, and blues. It's the best support site I've ever encountered...this is a welcoming site with alot of well informed lupies (smile). I can't answer your question....but I will tell you this....stay connected, stay informed....and stay encouraged. We're all in this together. Again, welcome, you'll feel right at home here !!! - browneyedgirl

Thanks

Default To browneyed girl - thanks

Thank you very much for your reply. I need a place to vent. My doctor says my results show 40 ana? and 41 is lupus if other things corroborate. From the posts on this site, I am encouraged as it seems like it is difficult to diagnose, so I can accept that right now. From Iamcalm

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Iamcalm :lol:
    Welcome to our site and to our family. I hope that you are able to find what you are looking for here. It is our aim to help keep you informed, to give you support when you need it, comfort when you are down and mostly to let you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
    About your question: borderline SLE is generally milder than classic lupus, yet it shars many of the noncriterial features of SLE and also produces some of the same symptoms. Some researchers believe that the clinical results and multiple antibody profiles (such as high ANA) suggests that borderline SLE is a forerunner to SLE rather than a separate entity.
    Some doctors call borderline Lupus "mild" lupus in that both require little to no treatment to manage the disease. The less intensive treatments can include the following: Creams and sunblocks for rashes; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for fever, arthritis, and headache; Antimalarial agents for pleurisy, mild kidney involvement, and inflammation of the tissue surrounding the heart.

I hope that I've answered your questions
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Just wanted to welcome you. I'm new too and just love this site. I have been trying to read all the old posts to catch up. Anyway glad you found us and wishing you the best.

Thanks

Default Another Newly Diagnosed

Thanks a million for this website. I was diagnosed with RA and SLE on the same day June 28. I felt for a whole year something was wrong with me with all the various symptoms. I thought I was crazy and couldn't convince my doctor there was really something more than being told I was becoming a hypochondriac. I live alone and have to go through everything alone. So, this website is God sent to me. And, I am full Native American and haven't met other natives with Lupus. Many thank yous for this site.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nativeone :lol:
    Well, you are most certainly NOT ALONE here. Welcome to our family where you can pop in at any time and will always be welcomed. Also, you will never be judged, but always understood, supported and educated.
    Everyone her is a Godsend in his/her own right! I know you will feel welcome.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed 11 years ago with SLE and since then I also have sogren's syndrome, Iritis, arthritis, and severe rashes in both of my legs from the waist down. . . It has been very hard for me as I dont know anyone with lupus and doctors in my part of the world have little hands on practice with patients with this. After years of medications and jumping from doctor to doctor I decided to try wholistic medicine (naturopath)
    Has anyone had any success with this - I know that everyone reacts differently but so far thru the years I had no luck and never felt any better ! So here I am...
    Sometimes I feel so alone ... and no one really understands unless you have this " challenging condition"

Thanks for reading this,
    Rouge13