Thread: Regarding teeth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Regarding teeth

If you don't mind me asking, do any of you have dental issues because of lupus? If so, what are they? I did learn from my new and much better dentist that dry mouth from SJOGRENS contributes to my outbreak in surface cavities. Thank you for the info.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

RIDETHEBEST (07-13-2017)

Thanks

brand new to the community, but not new to this topic, and felt compelled to respond.

I have SLE and Sjogrens and have had all but 9 of my teeth removed. The remaining 9 have crowns with bridges in places where i no longer have teeth.

I have spoken at length with my dentist about how to combat the effects that these conditions have on teeth and it really boils down to the same answer.
    You have to stay ahead of it.
    Much like many issues you may have experienced, when compared to an idividual who does not have these conditions, you have to get checked out regularly.

Talk to your dentist and make a plan to manage what will likely be just another battle you will fight.
    There is also medications you can take to help keep your salivary glands working correctly.

But do not fret, teeth are just teeth, and soon we will need only to take pill for all our dietary needs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes indeed I battle Oral Candida albicans / Thrush frequently. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/what-is-thrush#1 . I like to spread this information around especially to healthcare professionals. My new VA Dr. is as great as my last one.... last year I got quite ill (Thrush outbreak & inner ear / sinus infection), I dropped in unannounced to my local VA Clinic. I won't mention the Dr.s name that attended me, or his nurses name. But they were some of the worst "Practicing" professionals w/ credentials that I have ever had the displeasure to run into. Not only did they not listen to me, they did just what I requested that they would not do. (Needless to say I Fragged him in about 3 online sites that rate doctors). He had the audacity to ask to see my 7 X 55 year old teeth (I did not have my top plate in). He then proceeded to ask me about DRUG / METH use. never never never will would shall or have I opened that Pandora's Box. He has since been let go from my local VA & good riddance. AMF
    Last edited by RIDETHEBEST; 07-13-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: removed emoji
    2 Corinthans 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.