Thread: Hi I'm New to the Forum; Searching for Answers for My Girlfriend!

Thanks

Red face Hi I'm New to the Forum; Searching for Answers for My Girlfriend!

My Girlfriend; a Little Over a Year ago was Diagnosed with Lupus. She Also has IBS with Causes Her to be Incapacitated for Days at at Time with Cramping and Diarrhea? I have Joined this Forum Searching for Answers for her IBS in the Interim, the Latest in Treatments for Her Lupus Condition. I am Hoping to be Received in the Spirit in Which I've Joined! Feel Free to Respond if you Can!
    Thank You; Dawline

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 741 Posts

I, too, have Lupus with IBS. However, my IBS is with constipation. I often think that constipation is easier to handle and deal with than diarrhea. I take a medication that I find at my health food store, it is called IBX and it is specifically for IBS. Also, I take Probiotics on a daily basis. Avoiding stress is always a good managing tool, if possible. Does she have enough fiber in her diet?? This can also help with IBS, although she should experiment until she finds one that works well for her because some fiber products can cause gas and bloating themselves.
    Some changes in her diet might also be helpful. She might want to consider reducing or eliminating some foods: "These may include alcohol, chocolate, caffeinated beverages such as coffee and sodas, medications that contain caffeine, dairy products, and sugar-free sweeteners such as sorbitol or mannitol. If gas is a problem for you, foods that might make symptoms worse include beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. Fatty foods also may be a problem for some people. Chewing gum or drinking through a straw can lead to swallowing air, causing more gas."

Please let me know if this has been helpful to you at all. I wish you and your girlfriend the very best.

Side Note: This site will be closing down at the end of this month. A good reference for questions about Lupus can be found at The Lupus Foundation of America!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!