Thread: Hi - glad I found you

Thanks

Default Hi - glad I found you

I was diagnosed three years ago with SLE. In that time I have not seen a doctor that was an expert in Lupus. I'm on disability for anxiety and social disorder and am on Medicare. It's been tough to find a doc. Now, here in Spokane, I have found one, but it will be a month or two before I can see him as a regular patient since I have to gather together my scattered records.

This year has been medically frustrating. I don't have friends and family here, and god bless the hubby, his sympathy can stretch only so far. I get scared and angry, especially when I feel like I'm losing control. Which seems to be too often.

Anyway, a bit about me: I'm 44 years old and live in Spokane, WA. We don't drive (makes things that much harder). I'm on the computer quite a bit. I have a blog, maintain my brother's blog, and design blog layouts for myself. I love to take photographs of trees and gardens and patterns. I enjoy writing and began my own writing site recently and I love to create abstract art.

Today I'm in the middle of Blogathon 2006 (you can google it) where I am blogging for charity. I would have blogged for the Lupus Foundation, but chose the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as that is another disease that has hit two members of my family.

I'll post links to any of these folks have interest in. I don't want to be spamming.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Janedarcy :lol:
    Welcome to our site where everyone here is understanding, comforting, supportive and informative.
    It appears that you have found several ways to keep you occupied while being creative at the same time!
    I enjoy writing aslo and have written several short stories...some published, but most still sitting in my drawer
    I hope that you join us often and I hope that we are able to provide you with some of the understaning, acceptance and support that you need.
    Once again, welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, Saysusie. I'm looking forward to speaking up, to asking questions. I've felt silent and alone for so long. And scared, too.

Believe me, I will be bouncing everywhere here.

Thanks

Welcome to our happy home!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono