Thread: Help...urgent

Thanks

Exclamation Help...urgent

In the deep throughs of a flair up. I hurt all over. The pain meds are not touching the pain. I am crying over anything. I have done too much. I don't think I can do much more. I need a day off. Is this typical of a Lupus /Fibromyalgia flare up? I have somewhere important to go tomorrow but I don't think I ca.n. I don't want to be a horrible person. HELP!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 743 Posts

Yes, it is quite common for a bad Lupus Flare to knock us out of the game entirely. Often, we are completely unable to even get out of our beds or off of the couch. We think that, if we push through it, we will be OK. In truth, that only aggravates the flare making the symptoms worse and making it last longer.
    For me, I have to shut down completely! Especially when, as you mentioned, the meds do not seem to be helping at all. Shutting down completely involves a physical as well as a mental shut down. In other words, do not allow yourself to feel guilty because you have to break engagements, miss appointments, cancel outings, etc. in order to TAKE CARE OF YOU!! Allow yourself to do these things with no guilt, without thinking that you are letting others down, without thinking that you are not doing your best or being your best. Your best is doing what is necessary to TAKE CARE OF YOU!! Once you've accomplished the mental part of shutting down..commence doing the physical part. One will not work without the other!!
    I do hope that you begin to feel better soon, that this flare-up subsides and that you are able to manage your symptoms. Wishing you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

RIDETHEBEST (03-08-2017)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am fully off of "Pain Meds / Pain Killers"; they almost killed me 4X or more. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and Willow Balm = https://www.facebook.com/willowbalm/ (witch I just found) all help. Sensory deprivation helps; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_deprivation. ♫ Brian Wilson: Love And Mercy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PISkFEzC5XE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RIDETHEBEST For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-27-2017)

Thanks

I took Plaquenil myself and i know what are you talking about. glad you're off them.