Thread: Good blood work but same symptons

Thanks

Default Good blood work but same symptons

Lately I have had good blood work, but I still have rashes, fatigue, insomnia, numbness, tingling, muclepain, joint pain, I can't grip well, and I stumble a lot. But because of the good blood work my Doctor is taking me off some of my meds. I'm so scared, I hate those bad flares.

Anyone else have good blood work but symptoms?

Thanks

What kind of doctor are you going to ???? If it's a General Practice physician I would get another opinion. I was having the same symptoms and I went to a GP and the blood tests said that nothing was wrong but I was still in so much pain. He suggested I go to a Rheum. and he took blood I told him that the GP did blood work and said that nothing was wrong. The Rheum. told me that the GP didn't know what to look for. After he looked at the results he told me it was lupus. I would be leery of anyone telling you your fine if you are in so much pain.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Yep! I have been told that I am "basically in remission" by BOTH my rheumy and nephrologist...But I still feel like crap all of the time!!!

Kinda makes you feel like it's in your head, huh? Don't worry, it's not!! It's annoying, though...

Hope you feel better soon!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Hi there Solesinger! In twelve years, I have never been fortunate enough to go into remission. Can you tell us about it? You still feel crummy? That doesn't seem very fair, eh? Sunshine101

Thanks

Default HI TERESA,

I went through the same thing for about a year. My rheumatologist wrote a great book, called "You Don't Look Sick" - it is by far the best book I've read about how misleading this disease can be, you look good - your blood work looks fine - but you feel like you were run over by a mack truck and then they backed up for a second time - just for good measure (smile).

I agree with the other responses, that if you can get in to see a rheumatologist, they would probably run some different kind of tests that are more specific to lupus markers.

Best wishes -
    Browneyedgirl

Thanks

Well, all I know is "Your labs look GREAT!!!"

Then why do I still feel like monkey-dung, dear doctor?

"I don't know, but your labs look GREAT!!!" :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I was mysteriously sick during the month of February '06. I had high fevers, very swollen glands, terrible body aches, headaches, loss of appetite. I went to my family doctor, and she suggested I had the flu so she prescribed me antibiotics. She too did the routine bloodwork and didnt find anything wrong. Then I noticed a rash on my face, so I went to a dermatologist. She saw the rash and immediately said I may have lupus, so she did a skin biopsy :arrow: and it pointed to lupus. I went back to my family doctor and she referred me to a rheumatologist. Further bloodtests and urine tests were done :arrow: results = lupus The results showed protein in my urine, then a kidney biopsy was done :arrow: results = lupus .

See a rheumatologist. They will have more knowledge about lupus than your regular doctor. Special tests will be done specific to lupus.

Good luck. Keep us posted...