Thread: Off-topic kvetch-orama

Thanks

Default Off-topic kvetch-orama

Guess I need hugs today. I'd posted earlier that my Mom passed away in May, and my sister is not a nice person and the executor of the will. Today I learned she is lying to me by understating the estate. (I learned this b/c the woman at my local bank revealed how much is really there.) Presumably she's going to scoop up more than her share, though it makes my heart heavy to even think this of my own sister. She has numerous homes and lives in very comfortable retirement, while I'm dealing with this illness while on social security. To add to the wierdness, she keeps asking how my fms is. She's conveniently forgotten that I have sle. I don't even know what to say - should i be honest and tell her my life is still rather sucky?

(edited to add - Maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe she's not trying to get more than her share of the money as much as being controlling - but when I ask how much the estate she stonewalls me, which naturally gives rise to suspicion on my part.)

I'm going to have to hire ANOTHER attorney just to deal with that. This makes the SIXTH attorney to fight my battles for me b/c so many people think it's fine to rip people off. 1) disability claim denied by the insurance company, 2) work comp 3) civil action for discrimination (employer flatly refused accommodations for health problems whole time I got sick, then fired me 4) auto accident where someone ran a stop sign and totaled my car, but denies responsibility 5) real estate lawyer who's helping me fight my landlord who will not evict a tenant who pounds on my ceiling day and night - after last tenant moved out b/c of the noise; and now 6) estate lawyer to fight my sis.

What's with people anymore?? Were they always this selfish and greedy and dishonest or is this a new, 21st century thing? I never hired a lawyer in my life until lately but now they're all my new best friends lol.

My girlfriend just got laid off by her racist boss when she's clearly the most skilled person in the department, plus she has impeccable integrity. We both agree that anyone who tries to follow the laws of God gets burned nowadays b/c the bad guys seem to be in charge.

I'm not one to wallow in self-pity, I count myself among the luckiest people in that I have a handful of friends who are true treasures. But what's up with everyone else?

BTW I'm still trying to get a counselor from my wc lawyer. I'm feeling sad every day, but my sense of humor kicks in and I think, hate2shave you've got to be tough just to pi$$ everyone off!! That pretty much snaps me into shape.

arrggghh!!! and good grief!
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!

Thanks

You will be in my prayers today. Don't worry every dog has their day.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

8)
    NOT TO DEFEND HER , but having been a EXECUTOR of a will you do get paid for that...it's a percentage of the entire estate and there is NO WAY she can NOT disclose to you what is on the will////that is the law !!!!

You can call the same lawyer and get FULL DISCLOSURE of all the contect of the will.

There maybe be a part in there that for some reason does give her more, but SHE CAN NOT LIE....A WILL BECEOMES AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC AFTER AWHILE AND IF SHE WER TO TRY TO RIP YOU OFF SHE AND THE LAWYER WOULD BE IN DEEP POOP !!!!

IF you're a full relative then you HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEE THE WILL ALl you must do is ask for it....they can not tell you NO

ST JAmes 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Thanks friends for your good wishes. I feel more upbeat today.

Thanks

Hi St. James - thanks a lot for your e-mail. I wanted to reply but have forgotten my login info . Would you send me a note to sweetcitywoman1@hotmail.com? If not I'll write my ISP to get my password info!

Thanks again.