Thread: Adventure!

Thanks

Default Adventure!

Hi all!

I am heading out tomorrow on a three-day, two-night kayaking trip with my significant other.

Before I got lupus this would have been just one more simiple activity. Now I'm really nervous about - will my symptoms get me down, will it be too hard for me, will the sun make me sick or tired, CAN I REALLY DO THIS??

But I'm determined now to explore my limits and not to hide from life because of this crappy stupid disease. I guess I just wanted to share on this board because I thought you guys would understand the scariness of it all.

Hopefully you will hear from me on Sunday or Monday, and if not - Well, I went down doing what I really wanted to do with my life!!! (Just kidding, it's not THAT dangerous!)

Thanks

Default Have fun

Hope you have a wonderful trip, sounds like a lot of fun. Don't worry about things and just have fun.
    Tiffery

Thanks

Take a good sun screen and most of all enjoy yourself and remember that you are out there for all of us who can't go right now.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Have fun Sheryl!!!! 8)

Thanks

You are the architect of your own life and I say if you can still get into that kayak " GO FOR IT GIRL". Remember your hat and sun block, bug spray and cover up and most of all have fun. Hope you and and your S.O. have fun and more fun and maybe a bit of lovin under the late night stars.

The beautifulbeluga.

Thanks

Have fun on your trip, Sheryl! 8) Don't worry, just have fun and enjoy yourself. I'm glad you didnt put your life on hold because of this lupus thing. Just bring along good sunblock and stay hydrated. Have you ever gone kayaking before? You'll have so much fun! I've done it before and it was great, except for the sore arms the next day.

Thanks

Hi! I am back!

Thanks for all the supportive comments...

We had a really nice trip, and everything went fine. I don't know now why I was so stressed out about it. :roll:

The weather turned out absolutely perfect for the first two days which gave me more confidence about being out in the more open water. Yesterday coming home was a bit windy, but nothing we couldn't handle.

I'm already planning another trip!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Shery; :lol:
    Good for you for taking the trip, for enjoying yourself and especially for being ready to do it again!!
    That you did it, had fun and are planning another trip is encouragement to all of us that we can certainly do it too!!

You Go Gurlfren!!

Saysusie

Thanks

Thanks Suzie!

The funny thing was while I was gone I realized I was not constantly thinking of my symptoms every minute, like it seems I am at home or at work. It felt great!