Thread: questions it really long, help please

Thanks

Default questions it really long, help please

I have had lupus for 15 years well when the biopsy of my kidney was done. About 6 years later I had this spell were i was on my way to the store.I got a massive head ache and the dr. was on my way to the store, so i went their instead. Well my left had was num and my vision was going i had to sit in the car a while before i could see to go in. They took me back and checked me out and thought i had a stroke, but after tests they found nothing said it was a migraine . Well i had them before but not like this one. They sent me home and said if it happenend again let them know. well Sunday it did and I called the dr. office on monday and they took my message. So yall will understand better its been about 9 years sence it happened this time my husband was at home with me and he was scared to death he said my hand was ice cold and my face was the whites thing he had ever seen and he asked me somethings and i could not tell him the answer to his questions i couldn't think clear. Both time only lasted about 2 - 3 hr. Does anyone know of anything like that . I have 3 kids and watch 2 kids yungest is 1 . I don't want this to happen when i have them by myself. Soory for the spelling trying to keep up with the kids and ask for help.

Thanks

I can only say, it sounds serious and you should see your doctor. It sounds like it could be a stroke, or mini-stroke (called TIA).

Let us know what they say!

Thanks

Strawberry I had something similar to that and I throught I was having a mini stroke. I had problems a few times last summer where I got extremely dizzy, nauseous, clammy and the left side of my lips and tounge got numb. I was also having problems with one of my eyes going out of focus and giving me double vision. They did an MRI of my brain but found nothing. After those 2 episodes with the dizziness ect, I haven't had one since and I was never officially diagnosed with anything. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'd go see a neurologist. You don't want to mess with that. Keep us posted and I hope you feel better soon ~Butterfly :lol:

Thanks

Strawberry, I have yet to feel that way, but if I were you I would insist on an MRI. No 2 Lupus patients will have the exact same symptoms and it is up to us to be proactive b/c our symptoms will continue being dismissed. I understand Lupus is difficult to treat, but you know your body better than anyone else so if something isn't right with you - you're the only one who knows. Best of luck and keep me posted.

Thanks

I obviously cannot say what is going on with you or if it is or is not related to lupus. What I can add is that Migraine headaches can be severe enough to mimic a stroke. I worked with a gal that would get them that bad once or twice a year. Hers were so bad that she would get paralysis on one side, just like a stroke! Fortunately, the stroke symptoms would subside when the migraine went away. She had some excellant information on it which I of course do not have reference to....sorry. She kept the info because most of the doctors she saw were not familiar with migraines this severe, so would assume something else was wrong. Unfortunenately, because she was "too young to have a stroke" and we are pharmacists, the docs would usually accuse her of taking drugs. Did I mention that these are the same docs we worked with at the hospital everyday? Yup, they can be real dorks sometimes! She saw a neurologist for her headaches. I know this is just anecdotal, but I hope it helps. If I find any better info on this severe type of migraine, I will pass it along. Unfortunaely I do not work with this gal anymore, or I would get the reference from her.
    Laura

Thanks

Hi Strawberry,

As I was reading your symptoms, it brought tears to my eyes. I had gone through the same thing, my occasions were always precipitated by an inability to focus (visually) and then have double vision....and then all the symptoms you described would happen. MRI after MRI, every M.D., said "we don't see anything"....and my response was "well, that's my problem too"....I can't see anything (smile).

Finally after about 3 years, a rheumatolgist & neurologist took me serious and I am currently taking Gabapentin. Since taking it, I have not had a single episode of these "stroke like" symptoms, and apparently it also works well for nerve pain.

If it's possible for you to get a second opinion, I would encourage you to do so. Lupus is so far reaching in it's symptoms that it does not fall into a "classic symptom" disease. I know it can be freightening, especially for our loved ones who are watching on the side lines and can "see" what's going on and they feel so helpless; because like us, they don't know what to do either.

I hope you are able to find the answers you're looking for. Don't be satisfied with the first answer you receive!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Life is good, love is better
    Browneyedgirl