Hello:

I found out that I have positive Lupus Antibodies when I was pregnant with my second child, who is now 4. She was diagnosed with Complete Heart Block when I was 20 weeks pregnant with her. I am now pregnant with my fourth child, (this is it!), and this pregancy, (8 wks left!), has been fine. My third child was born with no heart defects as well.

I find all the lab results and statistics very confusing. If anyone can be of assistance to me I would greatly appreciate it! I am followed by a rhemotologist in Boston, who I did just have a visit with. He performed all the necessary bloodwork to track the progress of the Lupus from my last visit. While I "technically" am symptom free, he has indicated that I have a 40% chance of developing symptoms over the next few years.

I do not have any rashes or skin problems, although my I do have achy joints and have always experienced these throughout my life. I am active physically so I have never given the symptoms a second thought up until my daughter was diagnosed.

I have also read and been advised that my child could develop heart block at any point and even after birth.

Thank you!

Leisa