Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we forget?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Why do we forget?

:?: I have a question for everyone. I've read the funny post about "you have lupus if..." many of the posts include forgetting things, which I found myself laughing to :lol: because similar things happen to me. But, why do we forget? Today, I found myself in a daze. I went to the mall today, it was raining heavily, I walked quickly to the entrance with my umbrella. As soon as I started walking thru the mall, I can't remember if I shut my headlights off... I had to rush back to the truck, in the pouring rain, and Yes, I did turn the lights off. And then it happened again when I got home... I already got to my room when I realized, did I close the windows? Geez, so, I had to go back outside and check, and Yes, I did. I feel like my mind is somewhere else today. So, why do we get forgetful? :?:

Thanks

Classic brain fog... I think part of it is from meds, but I am CONVINCED that part of it is just Lupus... I'm not really sure WHY... It might have to do with pain... We are in pain so it makes it harder for us to concentrate, or something like that?? Or maybe it's because of Fatigue... we are SOOO tired and don't get near the sleep we need so THAT messes with out concentration and memory?? These are all good theories, pick one! LOLOL!!! Hopefully someone around can answer the why!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I can agree with that! Pain and Fatigue have taken over my mind. I guess our minds can't juggle everything at the same time between pain from our aching joints, being tired all the time, and our everyday tasks. Its funny at times, but, it does get frustrating.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Almost all doctors agree that our "Brain Fog" is a result of cognitive dysfunction which is a common symptom of Lupus. Symptoms include confusion, profound fatigue, and difficulty in articulating thoughts, memory impairment and difficulty concentrating. Also, as Solesinger said, it is compounded by sleep deprivation due to chronic pain and also by the myriad of medications that we take. So, for almost all of us and for one reason or another, we are doomed to have to deal with "Brain Fog". :cry:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Does anyone have episodes where they are having a brain fog moment, and can't SAY what they want, but if they write it down, they are fine? Or is this weird?

Thanks

I do that all the time it's like I'm mute or something. A lot of times I feel like I'm playing charades or I'm a mime.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I wonder what causes that...

Thanks

I wish I knew. For the longest time I thought that I was getting alzheimer's or something. I would tell my husband that and he would laugh thinking that I was being funny but I was dead serious. It took me a long grieving period, I kept thinking that I would get better soon and now after 2 1/2 years, I just go on with life. One thing that I do know that God said he wouldn't give you more than you can bear so I guess that means I'm one tough broad.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Very interesting that you mention that, Solesinger. I don't know if it is Lupus, but it could be... anyway, when I was a kid I was diagnosed with a form of stuttering (can no longer recall the techie term) but what happened was that I was thinking so fast, my mouth could not catch up. I would literally come to a halt on a simple word in a sentence (such as mailbox) and not know what that word was. I developed a combination of "jayne" sign language and drawing a picture of the word, or writing it on paper, that failed me.

I still have that from time to time; enough times that my husband can now interpret my sign language.

What I really thought was always weird about this was that more often than not, the word I couldn't say, wouldn't reappear in my vocabulary until several hours passed.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

This is a related question, most of my symptoms dealing with my joints, seem to be on the right side of my body. Could this be related to antibodies attacking the left side of the brain? I mean, if my own antibodies can attack any other organ or bones and joints, can it also go after our brains? I also have brain fog and sometimes coming home from work I am so tired I have difficulty maintaining focus driving.