Thread: Hope I'm not crazy

Thanks

Default Hope I'm not crazy

I'm not exactly new...been posting for about a week. I am waiting on a diagnosis...my appt with the rhume is 7/26. I have been battling all the fatigue, sun sensitivity, joint pain, rash, fever, memory loss, anxiety, etc for over three years. My doctor diagnosed me with Fifths disease (my 3 daughters had all gotten it in the months prior to my sudden onset of symptoms) He did do an ana test because I have a family history of lupus (my aunt died of complications in early 1970's) My ana was neg. Shortly after my tests with the dr, I moved 400 miles away and changed doctors and have never mentioned it to my new doctor. I kept thinking my symptoms would just go away. I never really believed I had Fifths Disease, but I wanted to believe it (that disease just goes away on its own) I have gone to my new doctor several times over the past 2 years for various symptoms (joint pain, EXTREME FATIGUE, anxiety) and he has treated me symptom by symptom. Why has it taken me so long to find a Rhume? Denial??? Any way, whatever the reason, I am ready for some relief. I know it is possible to feel good. I REALLY want to find out how. I don't like getting sick from the sun, or spending a perfectly beautiful Saturday afternoon on the couch because I have no energy to do anything else. I am almost wishing I would get my lupus diagnosis so I could start dealing with it. This not knowing is so hard to deal with. I think I appear lazy to other people who don't know how I feel (physically). Is it CRAZY to hope I get my lupus diagnosis?

Thanks

Default Hi Mommy3

Hi,

Would you want to know what was wrong with your car if it didn't start? Absolutely...... : You're not crazy for wanting to know what's going on.

I am a new member, and I want to let you know that this is an incredible support site. You will find incredibly supportive, encouraging support from this "family", in the short time I have been a member, I have had great responses and wonderful leads to help me in my research of lupus. So - keep on keepin' on. We're here
    to share with one another. After all, we do know how you feel (smile).

You will be in my prayers and hope that you find this website as helpful and supportive as I have.

Take Care,
    DJ

Thanks

You are definitely not crazy! Many of us were relieved to get a diagnosis, because it meant that there was a cause to all the suffering, a name for it, and something we could research and find out how to fight.

I hope that things get cleared up for you soon. My thoughts are with you.
    Missy