Thread: Hi everyone- glad I found you.

Thanks

Exclamation Hi everyone- glad I found you.

This is my first post. I was looking for side effects from stopping Plaquenil online, and found some posts in the forum.

Tuesday I had a routine eye exam, and was surprised to find that I have retinal damage. The eye doctor consulted my rheumatologist, who said to stop Plaquenil immediately.

I guess after taking this drug, which has been a big help, for probably 20 years, I was confident that it would not cause me harm. Guess I was wrong! Some of the retinal damage may reverse, so that's good news!

It seems as though my energy level diminished a bit since stopping the Plaquenil on Tuesday. I was noticing more knee and hand pain in the last couple weeks, though, so I may already have been heading for a flare.

It's a good time to find friends.

Blessings to all of you!

Jeanette

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Jeannette:
    I'm sorry to hear that he Plaquenil has caused some damage to your eyes. However, I'm glad that some of the damage can be reversed. Has your doctor spoken with you about alternative medications to alleviate your symptoms. There is a "Sticky" section which discusses the medications used in the treatment of Lupus. Perhaps you can discuss some of these options with your doctor, especially since you say that you are starting to experience some exacerbation of your symptoms.
    Please let us know what you and your doctor decide and remember, we are here to help you in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!