Thread: Fever and chills

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Fever and chills

Hey I have two questions.

1. Does anyone else just get random low grade fevers? Usually at night I will get a low grade fevers (99.5-101). I have mentioned it to my doctor but they seem to only be considered if it gets higher then that and last a for a couple of days.

2. Does anyone get chills without a fever? Every single night I have the chills. It could be 90 degrees in my house and I am freezeing. It will last any where between 10 minutes to several hours. Sometimes it gets so bad my while body shakes. And again because I don't have a fever my doctor doesn't seem to concerned.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have a theory yet to be proven, that Lupus throws off our internal thermostat making us hot and cold at weird times and when no one else is. This may be happening to you also. I just never take my temperature, figuring it's just me and the whackiness of Lupus.

Thanks

I run a low-grade fever(99.5-100.5) for 1-3 hours virtually every evening.

My normal temp is 98.1-98.3 so when I do break 100 it seems really hot to me.

Mentioned this to my Drs. but they don't seem impressed as it is short in duration.

Thanks

My normal temp is 97.6 and on any given day it can jump from 96 to 101.5. It drives me crazy, but my doctors haven't said much. When it changes a lot during one day, though, I end up feeling even weaker than normal and can't do anything but rest until it settles down again.