My lupus remains quiescent and I feel better than I have in 3 years. Hubby and I just returned from a 6 weeks trip through the Rockies in our travel trailer. I had been having a lot of trouble with atopic dermatitis, and was fairly bathing myself in cortisone cream. But I have not had a problem with it for 3-4 weeks. It's either living in slightly higher humidity, or reduction in stress (I just retired from a full-time nursing career!)

I had been reading lots of posts on photosensitivity in lupus (I'd had some rashes last year), so bought some high SPF sunscreen and used it diligently whenever I was going to be doing an outdoor activity between 10 AM and 4 PM. My forearms still got red and itchy. After going on a hike one chilly day with only my hands exposed, the rash irritation actually broke skin. Then something clicked! I was allergic to the sunscreen! I quit using that brand (Neutrogena), and switched to a more standard, 30 SPF brand. After a week of treatment with the the cortisone, it all resolved. No problems since. I think my best option going forward is light weight UV resistant clothing, especially for my arms and neck areas.

Meanwhile, hubby suffered a herniated disk and we returned home from the Yellowstone area with moi doing ALL the driving. We did stay at a couple of places for 3 days each on the way home, timing our return for the appt he has with a neurosurgeon.

Ruth