Thread: Hi All

Thanks

Smile Hi All

My name is Shel. I was just recently diagnosed with SLE and Sjogren's after dealing with "mysterious" symptoms for so long. I fould out that I have Stage 3 CKD in October (2013). My nephrologist immediately suspected Lupus but after a negative biopsy he basically decided to just wait it out. My ANA has been severely positive for quite some time but the Complements and other tests only showed traces of autoimmune.

I like in Kentucky until June of next year (2015) and then we'll be moving to Phoenix. I'm a full-time Social Work student and solo mom. Besides trying to cope with the pain, I seem to be managing all else. This coming school year I've decided to take a modified academic break. What I mean by that is I want to stay in school however I'm beyond overwhelmed with my health. So I'm going to take classes out of pure interest whether they'll transfer, apply to my degree or not. I don't want to dropout, but I can't keep taking required classes and risking having to retake later.

I look forward to talking with more people and learning from their experiences. Until this year, I haven't known anyone with Lupus so everything is even harder to process. I hope you all are as well as can be. Looking forward to talking more with you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi shel, and welcome.

many of us can understand the inability to study.
    unfortunately it is a common trait.
    but it is not a definite prognosis.
    we also have members who are able to study and complete some very heavy study courses.

i hope you are able to stabilize your ailment, and get back to your studies.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family;
    I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much. But it sounds as if you have a good plan for managing what you can manage. Many of us have had to re-arrange our lives in order to live with this illness. I think that your idea about school is a good one, at least for now. As you get a better handle on managing your illness, or when your symptoms are not as active, you may consider taking one or two required courses at that time. But, it is good to listen to your body and to do only what does not cause complications with your disease.
    You are amongst people who understand, who can offer great advice, and who will always be supportive. I am glad that you decided to join our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you all for being so kind. I joined a group on a social media site that was supposed to be for Lupus and all other autoimmunes. When I told the admin that my biopsy was negative, she told me I could stay in the group as long as I understood that Lupies don't like non-Lupies to talk about anything Lupus related. In '96 I was diagnosed with RA so I've had a good run, but I'm not the type of person to chime in about everything. I'm also not all that great with giving short answers/replies. So in a nutshell, thanks.