Thread: Howdy from Texas Ya'll :)

Thanks

Default Howdy from Texas Ya'll :)

Howdy Ya'll
    I am very grateful to have found this site. Thank you all, that have the courage to help others w/ your posts.
    About me: I live in pinney woods area N. E, Texas(48 annual inches of rain). I have been in 14 car accidents(none my fault), always lived life in the fast lane, been in wrong place at wrong time alot lol. Am few days from being 53, That makes me a cancerian(The Crab) & a melancholy me lol
    Was diagnosed w/ SLE 12 Yrs ago by VA. Having been US Navy Nuclear Submariner early 80' (Still wonder if there is any connection).
    I am a large man 6'2'' 200 lbs, always active in sports/athletics, Martial Arts, outdoorsman of many forms(Alpha Male)... When I rec. my Diagnosis, on the telephone, I was standing in the middle of the Automotive Garage where I worked. I felt many things at that moment(amidst all the tears) The most painful part was feeling of being totally alone & insignificant. Excused myself from work quickly & Went to private place, as to re-affirm my connection w/ the Good Old Dude upstairs, You know JC & The Boys lol. Since then has humbled me & allowed me to get in touch w/ my effeminate side; that I never knew existed within me.
    Since then have only had minor skin problems, until 2 yrs ago... I used to love the rain Now even before it rains & the barometric pressure changes affect me severly; Usually am bed ridden for a few days before & after storms. Am considering moving to New Mexico because of the lack of rain & dry climate there.
    I have lost my Wife & Son in a house fire, all my worldly possessions burned or ruined by black mold.
    Built apartment in best friends garage, got engaged, Car caught fire & burned, lost apartment to another fire, fiencee & Mom passed away all last summer.
    My flesh falls away, all worldly things have turned to dust, all the work of my hands fades away...And yet ! I shall still praise the name of my Lord & savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who shed his blood willingly for my sins, that I may enter the kingdom of heaven.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." - D. H. Lawrence.
    I can not cry tears of pain or sorrow anymore...Occasionally I now laugh /hysterically to the point of tears.
    “If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.” ― Robert Frost. I help Sister w/Texas Star Rescue on fb/ 401-c Non-profit=No kill animal rescue
    Once again Thanks for being here RTB *(®.®)*
    Last edited by RIDETHEBEST; 07-06-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello RIDETHEBEST;
    Welcome to our family! I am so sorry for your losses which, I am sure, are nearly unbearable. I lost my daughter (the inspiration for this site) to Lupus, so I understand - in some small measure - your loss. However, I am pleased to hear the way that you've determined to always get back up! "We fall down, but we get up" Donny McKlurkin.
    There are quite a few men on this site, one of whom is our moderator, Steve. There is also a Men's Forum here, but I'm afraid it is not as active as I'd like it to be. However, fear not, you will always find that there is someone here to talk to if you need, to provide answers for your questions, to research information for you, to give you advice, and/or to just be supportive and comforting.
    Again...welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank You all so very much! Feels like Home in here I have learned much from all the others posts here in managing my CLE. Am sorry for the loss of your child ma'am. & TY all for your compassion as well. Gave up cigarettes for cigars 5 days ago, have been smoking for 38 yrs. trying to get the swelling in ankles & feet down for 3 months now, not having much success at the moment. My VA doctor Lady is fantastic. Just started taking Hydroxychloroquine last week & seems to alleviate some the of tendon/ connective tissue pain / stiffness. Changed a gasket seal on my truck today. Am doing great. Guys like to get greasy/ grimy/ dirty/ was nice to not have to slow down because of lack of movement/ cramps/ stiffness today. Never bothered me to get covered in the work i'm doing, nor bothered me to clean up after lol EvBody have a Great Day, I shall return soon & often I suspect. Ciao