Thread: Hi everyone!

Thanks

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure what to say. I was a member here a number of years ago, but I forgot my username and password, and brain fog doesn't help matters, so I decided to start over. I have Advanced Sjogren's, lupus, celiac, Reynaud's, cerebritis, central pain syndrome, and probably others that I'm not thinking of right now.

I'm no longer working, and as hard as it is to accept that the autoimmune diseases have stopped my career, it is also a huge relief to be able to take care of myself and rest when I need to. I am still working on the fact that this is permanent, and I won't be able to work again. Sometimes that just doesn't seem real. However, this is an opportunity for me to maybe make and sell craft projects that I love...maybe write, which I have always dreamed of but never had the time when I was working....it's going to be harder financially but much easier physically, mentally, and emotionally.

One thing I do to lift myself up and to make a difference in the world, small as this may be, is that I foster small dogs for a local rescue. I can't take dogs on long walks, but I do have a fenced yard, and for small dogs, that's enough. So far, in the last year, I have saved 9 dogs from being euthanized by taking them in as foster dogs and finding them a wonderful forever home. There are so many that need rescues, but at least I can help the one at a time that I do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsGivingTree For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

hi, it is good that you have decided to rejoin us ...... welcome home
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

MsGivingTree (07-08-2014)

Thanks

MsGivingTree Are you my Sister ? lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RIDETHEBEST For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's wonderful that you help save these dogs!
    I adopted 2 dogs that my niece rescued and could not be happier!
    The town I live in has banned the "puppy mills" pet shops- there are so many wonderful animals at shelters better to adopt than "buy"!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome MsGivingTree:
    It is wonderful that, amidst all of the autoimmune issues that you have, you have found an activity that brings you joy while, at the same time, saves the lives of dogs needing loving homes! It is very important, for us, to find new ways to fulfill our lives once we've had to let go of those things that we did Pre-Lupus.
    You said you were a member here years ago..I'd just like to welcome you back to our family . I'm glad that you found us again.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I am having a bad day I just roll on the kitchen floor with 8 or 9 of our full time dogs, Aprox. 2 X per day sometimes
    http://blog.zocdoc.com/the-healing-power-of-dogs/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RIDETHEBEST For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! It is really good to be back home here, and great that there are fellow dog-lovers here too! To me, there is nothing more uplifting than a dog who is overjoyed to see me...especially when battling doctors who just don't get it, and trying so hard to make it through the really really tough days. I believe that they have saved me every bit as much, or more, than I have saved them.

And RIDETHEBEST, I always KNEW I must have had a sister out there somewhere!!

Thanks

Hi Ms Giving,
    It's wonderful that despite your health issues you are able to help furbabies find forever homes. I just got a warm and fuzzy feeling just thinking of all those babies you are helping. Make yourself at home, and welcome.

Hahaha, I just realized that I am up to a Labrador, how fitting LOL
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

MsGivingTree (07-16-2014)