Thread: Hi everyone!

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure what to say. I was a member here a number of years ago, but I forgot my username and password, and brain fog doesn't help matters, so I decided to start over. I have Advanced Sjogren's, lupus, celiac, Reynaud's, cerebritis, central pain syndrome, and probably others that I'm not thinking of right now.

I'm no longer working, and as hard as it is to accept that the autoimmune diseases have stopped my career, it is also a huge relief to be able to take care of myself and rest when I need to. I am still working on the fact that this is permanent, and I won't be able to work again. Sometimes that just doesn't seem real. However, this is an opportunity for me to maybe make and sell craft projects that I love...maybe write, which I have always dreamed of but never had the time when I was working....it's going to be harder financially but much easier physically, mentally, and emotionally.

One thing I do to lift myself up and to make a difference in the world, small as this may be, is that I foster small dogs for a local rescue. I can't take dogs on long walks, but I do have a fenced yard, and for small dogs, that's enough. So far, in the last year, I have saved 9 dogs from being euthanized by taking them in as foster dogs and finding them a wonderful forever home. There are so many that need rescues, but at least I can help the one at a time that I do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsGivingTree For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-07-2014)