Every summer, I post a thread about how we must protect ourselves during the summer months. Well, it is that time again and I must reiterate that we must be VERY CAREFUL during these months. The sun, unfortunately, is our enemy and exposure to it can wreak havoc on our bodies. The UVB and UVA rays from the sun can cause our disease to flare up in some pretty awful ways. So, here are some small bits of advice to help you through these months!
1. Make sure that you do not go outdoors without first applying a good sunscreen (one that blocks both UVB and UVA) rays. A minimum SPF of 35.
2. Always wear lightweight clothing that covers all exposed areas of your skin.
3. Always wear a hat and sunglasses
4. Try to participate in activities that are indoors (movies, museums, malls).
5. Try to limit your outdoor activities to a time of day when the sun is setting. If you must be out in the sun, do activities 1,2,and 3! Also, try to limit the amount of time that you must be out and always try to stay in a shaded area.
6. Keep yourself hydrated
7. Keep yourself rested
I hope that each and everyone of you has a wonderful summer season and that your days are filled with joy - not pain!!
Peace and Blessings