Thread: sick and unsure

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default sick and unsure

Hello, My name is Michelle. I have had discoid lupus for 16 years and lupus of the kidneys for 14 years. I have lived in an area with all four seasons for 37 years (all my life) my husband moved us to an area that only has hot, humid and 80 to 100 everyday almost year round. My problem is my I'm so tired and sore here. Also my blood pressure is going crazy, up and down, and my hair is falling out. I'm extremely depressed. Do you think this move was a mistake and do you think it will get better? I'm just so worried cause I have lived here for 2 months and I feel like I'm getting worse everyday.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

hi michelle,
    i live in an area that has extremes in seasonal weather.

for me there is a lot of difference in my symptoms between each season.

but everyone is different.
    we have members here who function in the middle of the texas dessert,
    and other who live very close who dont......

only you can know what your body can handle, but correct medication can make a big difference ....
    talk to your rhuemy, and explain the problems ...
    he may have an answer.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Michelle315 (06-27-2014), Nonna (06-26-2014), Saysusie (06-28-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I live in an area that is blazing hot in the summer and cold in the winter (frost, but not snow). There are also lots of pollens, grasses and dust in the area which makes matters worse. I only feel really good when I can go to the beach and breathe the salt air. I am on allergy shots now, but haven't been on them long enough to get much relief. I believe environment has a lot to do with lupus. Like I said, the only place I feel better is by the ocean, when the wind isn't blowing hard.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonbeam For This Useful Post:

Michelle315 (06-27-2014), Saysusie (06-28-2014)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I, too, live in a hot, dry area where the temperature is in the triple digits all summer. Then we have a cold a frigid winter (sometimes snow). Not much in between I'm sad to say. Like Moonbeam, I spend a lot of time in the coastal areas during the summer because the moist salty air seems to benefit me.
    However, I've had to make lifestyle changes and adjustments in order to survive where I live. I am much more fatigued in the hot summer months than in the winter. So, I allow myself more rest periods. Also, just being in the sun for a short period of time makes me feel like I was in a boxing match with Muhammed Ali and got my butt kicked. Needless to say..I avoid the sun like a plague. I do love the water and I swim for exercise..so this takes at least 45 minutes of preparation to cover myself with sunscreen, ensure that the time of day is one when the sun is setting, cover myself completely in lightweight clothing and wear a hat when I get out of the pool and make sure that I am always sitting in a shady spot. So far, I've not had any major flare-ups when I follow this routine.
    I say all of this to say (and to reiterate what Steve said), our ability to cope with our environment is an individual thing and we must experiment with ways to help us do that. Hopefully, you will find a way that gives you the most relief. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!