Thread: Newly diagnosed and new to thread

Thanks

Default Newly diagnosed and new to thread

Kinda still in shock. I went to the doctor for some labs because of a fever I had had for over three weeks. I would be fine every morning, but my fevers would start up in the afternoon and last until my final one after I went to bed at night.

Not sure what to expect. I'm scheduling my first Rheumatologist appointment tomorrow and will go from there. Will these fevers ever go away or is that what I should consider a flare up? New to this and confused, thankful for an online group of others with the same thing!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family!
    As lupus affects each of us differently, for some the fever does indicate a flare up. For others, the fever is a constant symptom. Usually, treatment for the underlying cause (i.e.- Lupus) helps to reduce the fever and the symptoms accompanying the fever. Prior to your visit with your Rheumatologist, keep a journal of sorts wherein you track your symptoms, what things/activities make them worse, what things/activities make you feel better. Also, list the questions that you'd like to ask during that visit. This will help you and your rheumy to determine what tests should be run, what medications should be tried, and what treatments should be applied.
    In the meantime, we are here to help you as much as we can. I'm glad that you found us.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!