Thread: Had an appointment with the allergist but cancelled it

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Had an appointment with the allergist but cancelled it

Had an appointment with the allergist, but cancelled it. He isn't any good anyway. Never prescribed a decongestant, or anything decent for the symptoms I was having. Found something over-the-counter that helps somewhat even though it isn't a strong enough decongestant. What's the point? At least I am getting shots. They seem to be helping a little although the process is going to take 2 years.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Now I found out that the appointment I cancelled with the allergist is required before I can continue with my shots. This is so frustrating. If the office personnel or the nurse had told me this previously, I wouldn't have cancelled the appointment. Now I can't get another appointment with him for 6 weeks. This is so unacceptable because now I have to go for 6 weeks without shots. They won't let me get any shots at all until the allergist sees me. This is going to be a set back for me because the shot/s are supposed to be given to me every week. I have about had it with this clinic. Unfortunately, I have no choice to go to another clinic or another allergist because this is the only clinic or allergist available to me for this purpose according to the plan I am on. I am so fed up with the lack of communication in this office. I would like to make a complaint, but I am sure they would just see me as a troublemaker and make it hard for me in the future because I have to go there.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well today I called the office and they indeed had a cancellation for the Dr. (allergist) for approximately a week from now. Needlessly to say, I grabbed the appointment. They never called me like they said they would to reschedule if a vacancy accorded in the allergist's appointment schedule. I asked to talk to a supervisor about the promises made to call me about cancellations and what they were going to do about my shot schedule, etc. and how they never called me back. I was told a supervisor will get in touch with me so I could err my concerns. Will see if she ever calls back? It least I got an appointment though for a week from now. That means I shouldn't miss any shots, or at the most one week of them.