Thread: Weird Flares

Thanks

Wink Weird Flares

Hello! I have had Systemic Lupus for nearly 7 years now. Every flares has been typically the same. Very weak, fibromyalgia like pain, joint swelling accompanied by pain, and extreme fatigue. Here recently, for about a week now, I have been getting those flares, but only at night. Around 6 P.M. I start to feel a flare coming on. I end up being bed ridden for about four hours before I am able to fall asleep. When I wake up in the morning, I feel perfect. The only difference in these flares, besides the fact that they are only apparent at night, is an extreme headache. It's not quite a migraine because I have no sensitivity to light, but it's so bad that my teeth hurt for some reason. By the time eleven at night hits, every symptom starts to fade. I recently started a new birth control about two weeks ago. I am aware that some new types of BC can have side affects like the headaches, but I would assume that it would be more consistent. I'm just curious if anyone has and ideas or similar instances to this one. I just find it bizarre that I would only have these little flares at the same time every night and wake up feeling great.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi ashe,
    sorry i have not heard of this before ......
    but in saying that, lupus can effect people very differently.
    so hopefully someone way be able to help offer you there experiences.

btw, welcome.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are symptoms called "Lupus Headaches". These are similar to migraines, except that they do not respond to headache medication. Usually when the underlying condition (the Lupus) is treated, the headaches subside.
    Perhaps you can keep a journal of your daily routines, the time of day that the symptoms appear (and what happens right before the onset). In this way, you may be able to narrow down some of the precursors to the flare up. If this continues, I would suggest that you mention it to your doctor so that the two of you can decide on a treatment if that is necessary.
    Resting is always suggested when we are in a flare. I would assume that is what you body is telling you to do and that is the reason why you feel better in the morning. I hope that you get some answers. Best of Luck to you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have a similar problem, every evening when I'm tired from the day I get headaches and start sneezing and my eyes water. I've found that the only remedy is to go to sleep. I think it's just the body's way of saying I've had enough. But that's just my reactions, everyone is different. Good Luck