Thread: Painful hands

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Painful hands

Hey y'all...Cathy here-48 yrs old...do your hands ever quit hurting or are they always sore? I have difficulty with my lower back down to my toes-very painful to get up and down. I am a newly diagnosed case of lupus - diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I was a sun lover and it's very difficult for me to have to adjust to not being in it all the time. My 12 yr old plays travel ball 😢

Thanks

Yes, they do when the medications take effect which can take quite awhile. Steroids can bring relief faster, but be careful of rebound/withdrawal pain when you taper down.

My hands do flare up when I'm working, though, but not as bad as without treatment. I don't have much joint pain anymore, but I still get swelling and aching.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snowbear1005 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-08-2014)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Cathy;
    I agree, when your medication begins to take effect, the pain may subside. However, this would depend on the reason for your pain - joint pain? Lupus lesions? Inflammation? Lupus rash? Muscle pain?

The time scale for relief would also depend upon what medications you are taking and how long you've been taking it/them.

At any rate, I hope that you find relief soon. I, too, was once a sun lover and it was a very hard adjustment for me to have to give that up. I find that I can spend short amounts of time in the sun (wearing sunscreen SPF 35 and above, and clothing that covers my entire body, and a hat, and sunglasses) in increments. Maybe 10 minutes, then I have to go indoors or find a shady area. Then 10 more minutes and find a safe place etc. I was able to attend a graduation ceremony that was outside in the sun and lasted 2hrs by employing this technique (lol). We all have to make adjustments to our life in order for us to continue to enjoy our life.

I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!