Thread: Enbrel for SLE?

Thanks

Default Enbrel for SLE?

my rheumy is considering switching me from my current cocktail of cellcept, prednisone, plaquenil, and mobic... to enbrel... primarily because my eyes (episcleritis) is not responding...

is anyone else taking enbrel for SLE???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

No im not but im sure someone will be along soon to help you with their knowledge n experience.Hope it helps you more when you get switched to it.
    Thinking of you
    love Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Mortified....

I haven't taken Enbrel, but I did a Search on this site on Enbrel and would suggest that you read the thread "Psoriatic Arthritis" started by SandyR.

She mentions the drug and Saysusie responds with a post with detailed information that includes Enbrel.

You might check it out.....

Lori

Thanks

Hello Mortified -
    How are you doing?

Thanks

hi.. my eyes have gotten a little better, thanks.. they still have alot of redness, but it's not extremely noticable now.. in the meantime, i've developed a chronic cough and can hear my heart pounding in my right ear.. i suspect this is lupus related just like everything else that has gone wrong with me since diagnosed.. very discouraging..

anyway, i have an appointment with an ENT this thursday to try and sort out these new challenges..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortifiedat52 View Post
    hi.. my eyes have gotten a little better, thanks.. they still have alot of redness, but it's not extremely noticable now.. in the meantime, i've developed a chronic cough and can hear my heart pounding in my right ear.. i suspect this is lupus related just like everything else that has gone wrong with me since diagnosed.. very discouraging..

anyway, i have an appointment with an ENT this thursday to try and sort out these new challenges..
    I just wanted to ask you, if you have had your blood checked lately. The only time I have ever heard my heart pounding in my ear, was when I had hemolytic anemia, my hemoglobin was 2.6, 14 is normal. I was very ill and had to receive 22 blood transfusions.

Debbie

Thanks

actually yes... just had my blood tested a couple of months ago.. everything was normal except the ds DNA antibodies... still quite elevated at 25 (down from 75 a few months ago)