Thread: Painful kidney stones :'(

Thanks

Default Painful kidney stones :'(

I went into the doctors and they said they should pass and gave me pain medication and did an ultrasound and it reveals kidney stones... I've had attacks before but did not have blood in urine and very painful pressure, and he's said it's likely I've had them before as I told him what I've felt. It's REALLY painful. Bleh.

Are Kidney Stones a symptom of lupus or autoimmune?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never had them (and hope to never have them). But, I've known quite a few people who have and they all say the same thing: "It is very painful".
    I hope that you pass them soon and that the pain is not to unbearable.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I'm sorry you are going through the struggles of stones I myself have suffered through more than I can count (average about 4-5per month) it might be helpful to ask your doctor for bladder spasm medication-I find that the irritation caused by stones that cause things like spasms and reflux is far worse than the actual stones. Keeping yourself really hydrated helps in both passing & preventing stones. I'm not sure if stones are specifically linked to lupus, but any kidney involvement done by lupus-as in chronic kidney disease or nephritis-can potentially up your chances in forming stones. In my case, I have significant kidney involvement, but it's actually the whole process of ckd promoting my stones. The biggest step you can do for yourself is to strain your urine & collect the stone if possible-having stone analysis informs doctors as to why you are forming them & then they can aid you by informing of ways to prevent them. It could be something as simple as ones dietary habits. Or it could be your body's way of telling you there's more going on-which was my case. Hope this helps & hope you get to feeling better soon!