Thread: I'm still here

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I'm still here

Umm, I'm in the process of looking for a new job. I was suddenly, without warning fired 15 April. The reason given was totally bogus and had I been allowed to go to my computer, I would have been able to prove their accusations to be lies. I wasn't allowed to refute nor defend myself. Now they are trying to deny me unemployment . The investigator called me last week with a bunch of questions which was fine but it was also very enlightening for the investigator when I explained my side of the story. Ex boss told her I was given verbal and written warnings and that I refused to follow his instructions. I may not have agreed with him, but I NEVER refused to follow orders. I know that I was set up, I know by who but I don't know why and I have no proof. I am glad to be out of there but not like that. It was a hostile work environment. It, oddly, started getting worse after I brought up the fact that I was in the process of raising and training a service dog. The ex boss boss actually had the audacity to tell me that I didn't need a service dog. Like he is an expert on anything? So... I am home, applying for jobs, working with Karma, fingers crossed my I employment goes through and I'm taking this " unscheduled vacation" to start a cottage industry called "Let er Rip" : rag rugs that are recycled, reclaimed, remade and redone. Woven rugs. Building up an inventory for fall craft shows and great news! I already have orders! Now to actually finish a rug! They are 2 foot by 3 foot on a wooden frame loom. My back hurts after 15 minutes so it isn't going as quickly as I'd like but it will get better. It helps get my mind in a good place and not dwell on negativity.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-16-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just purchased a rag rug to put in front of the sink in the kitchen where I stand to wash dishes. It helps so much and I don't have to stand on the hard ceramic tiles. Making rag rugs is such a great idea. They will sell. Can you wash them? If so, how? Incidentally, my boyfriend was in a hostile work environment where the boss berated and yelled at him all the time. He is now fighting for his unemployment and the company he left doesn't want him to have it either.
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 05-13-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, the rag rugs can be washed. I'm making mine quite sturdy, so they will go through the wash on gentle cycle nicely. I find it sad and aggravating that hostile work environments are becoming more and more common. I wish your boyfriend the best of luck getting his unemployment. I got the distinct impression from the investigator that she believed my truths and saw through my employers lies. Hope to get good news this week.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you for the washing advice. I am also thinking about getting another one for my bedroom to serve as a runner by my bed. Regarding unemployment in CA, unfortunately 60% of the claims here are denied. Apparently, the federal government believes this denial rate is too high. I heard they are looking into this in CA because CA has the highest denial rate in the United States. Anyway, they are going to call my boyfriend in about a week to hear his side of the story. Then they will make their decision as to whether he will get it or not. I was reading the law on this and the bullying has to fall into a "protected category" here in CA to get it. The "protected categories" are very specific. The powers that be need to outlaw "bullying" period in the workplace. They have done it in the schools. I believe it is a matter of time before it will be done in the workplace. How long it will take is anyone's guess?
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 05-14-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please let me know if you get your unemployment. My boyfriend just had his phone interview yesterday to try and get his. They are going to let us know by mail. If he doesn't get it, we are going to file a complaint about his employer to the state labor board.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As of 21 May I haven't heard either way about my unemployment. Will post when I do. Fingers crossed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Moonbeam (05-22-2014)

Thanks

You go girl. That's the spirit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeg For This Useful Post:

ruziska (05-22-2014)