Thread: The Farmers Market

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Farmers Market

Really love going to the Farmer's Market. Went to the Farmer's Market today. They have the most delicious chicken and pork tamales. Picked up some great looking orange colored beets. Have never tried this variety before. Hope they will be good. The artichokes were enormous! I have never seen them this huge. What is your favorite vegetable or fruit to purchase when you go to the farmer's market, or your favorite flower/flowers?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

anything naturally grown is extra nice.I grew my own tomatoes this summer.I have a freezer shelf full,so this winter I will be making my own tomato paste for spaghetti and the like.I also have a friend who has home kept chooks .....nice large very yellow eggs .....nothing like them.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I tried the topsy, turvy tomato growing apparatus. It didn't work out for me. It gets so hot where I live in the summer that I had to water the tomato plants at least three times a day (they were hung up). Then the bugs came and ate them as soon as they started turning red or even when some were still green. There were none left for us. Also, some grew to be very small. I thought I was going to have big, red ones. All in all, growing tomatoes was a complete disaster. Now I only buy them at the farmer's market or in the store.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

use the growing container for strawberries .....it works very well
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Moonbeam (05-14-2014)