Thread: Hello! First Post, Undiagnosed but having lots of lupus like issues

Thanks

Default Hello! First Post, Undiagnosed but having lots of lupus like issues

Hi! I am 38 year old female. The end of March my body broke out in hives that have yet to leave. They come and go and respond well to antihistamines, so I don't mind those. My issue is migratory joint swelling in my knees/ankles/toes, leg muscle spasms, EXTREME leg pain and weakness (in the bones, tendons, muscles) sacoriliac joint burning and overall exhaustion. I occasionally have lip swelling and soles of feet swelling as well. I have had about 4 good days since this started. Some days I can't walk. I saw a rheumatologist three weeks ago and had a ton of tests done since that appt. I have a follow up next week. Almost all my blood work was normal. Brain MRI, chest xray, lumbar xray - normal. Here's what was positive: Low Ferritin, Low IGM and High Complement C4, everything else was normal. The rheumy's office called to say it was all normal but she would discuss symptoms with me at the follow up appt.
    Here's also some health history: I have Hashimoto's since 2003 and in 2004 I had a discoid rash on my arm that got extremely red and itchy in the sun. Since then, I have had no other issues. I was on prednisone for the joint inflammation and hives almost the entire month of april. Im currently taking iron for the anemia and percocet for the pain, antihistamines as needed.
    Does this sound like lupus? Is it possible the rheumatologist will say "everything is normal, get over it?"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

hi Cortney, and welcome.as you already have 1 auto immune disorder .... it is very possible that you will also have another.it is not uncommon for sufferers to have more than one at the same timebut please also remember that many of our symptoms are overlapping, so it is not always easy to diagnose exactly what we have.but you are doing the correct thing ......and seeing a rheumatologist.please keep us informed as to your outcomes.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

courtneypaige (05-07-2014), Saysusie (05-16-2014)

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the site : - )

I deffo would say talk to a rheamotogist, they are understanding.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Venny View Post
    .......I deffo would say talk to a rheamotogist, ......
    sorry venny ..... just my funny sense of humour ....reamatologist .... very appropriate
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-16-2014)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.b View Post
    sorry venny ..... just my funny sense of humour ....reamatologist .... very appropriate
    Steve; You are funny..and yes it is appropriate (lol)

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!