Thread: hot flashes...

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default hot flashes...

Does anyone else get these? I'm to the point of sweating pretty badly... It's 60 degree's in the house. I've gotten them in the dead of winter outside, too. It gives me a major head ache and I can't escape the heat feeling.. then after it starts to sweat, sometimes I'll go dead cold with chills...

Thanks

I get them. Any exertion can bring them on. Walking in the grocery store, scooping kitty litter, riding in the passenger seat with the sun coming through the window. I've been tested and tested and all my levels are "normal" - so much I hate being normal... It's not "the change".
    The best I can do is grab a cold drink and sit and rest when I feel one coming on. I'm very light skinned and my face flushes, it's embarrassing. People ask me if I'm going to pass out. It's nice they are concerned, but I'd rather not have the attention at that moment...
    Good luck managing yours.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbyrition For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-19-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

First talk to a doctor regarding them.
    Second the way I treated them was to sit still, that lessened them, I thought of them as a wave. Rising up to the peak and then washing slowly away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    First talk to a doctor regarding them.
    Second the way I treated them was to sit still, that lessened them, I thought of them as a wave. Rising up to the peak and then washing slowly away.
    Yeah, sitting still helps.. but sometimes the peek is too much to handle and I need relief before the peek so I end up putting cold water on me and trying to find relief in the meantime before it goes down.

Thanks

I get these really bad as well, I thought it was the steroids (or coming off of them). Is this a normal symptom? I get them so bad my hair will be drenched and the sweat will be dropping g off of me!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, sweating (especially night sweats) and hot flashes are pretty common side-effects of corticosteroids such as Prednisone. They are really bothersome. My friend carries a battery operated little fan with her everywhere she goes because of the excessive sweating and heat that she feels due to her Prednisone. You are not alone :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!