Hi all:

Just joined and am not all that computer literate. Hope to meet some new people who can identify with what I am going through. Have not been diagnosed officially with lupus, my reumatologist says she can't say I have lupus or can't say I don't. Is treating me with plaquenil for the past year with some improvement in symptoms at least initially. Have had fibromylgia for over 18 years and everything continued to be blamed on it even though my symptoms were greater than was indicated for that particular syndrome. Am prsently not working due to illness and am a clinical social worker who was in private practice contracting with the federal government. Have had to work around my illness for at least 15 years and finally things got too bad and have not worked for the past several months. Constantly in pain and have mobility issues. On the list for two knee replacements which is supposed to happen in the next few months. I am really worried about surgury as I am having so many other symptoms from my lupus? and also have multiple allergies. Is anyone out there experiencing similar situation?