Thread: Sciatica Acting Up!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sciatica Acting Up!

The last few days my sciatica has been acting up to the point I can hardly do anything, much less walk. The med I was given for this makes me so loopy I can't even take it. Looks like I will have to go to the Dr. again for a med change. It's virtually impossible to get anything done through her staff.
    I really like my Dr. though, she is caring and very thorough. The shooting pains from the sciatica are a killer! They are so sharp and you never know when you are going to get one. Can anyone out there relate?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, I can relate.

Hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yesterday I went to the Dr. and all they did was give me pain killers. Then I woke up this morning and could hardly walk the shooting pain was so bad. I found a chiropractor willing to see me and he gave me an adjustment. The adjustment helped. At least I can function for the time being. He told me to come back in a week for another adjustment. I was told it will take a number of adjustments for this sciatica to settle down. In the meantime, I will take what pain killers I have from the medical Dr. until it does settle down. I can't see my regular Dr. for at least 3 weeks she is so booked up. I don't know what she can do for me, maybe physical therapy. I have no idea how effective that would be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know if this would be any help, I was going to D.O. Instead of an M.D. The DO is a doctor of Osteopathy, a combination of an MD and Chiropractor. It helped with insurance and my adjustment needs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Moonbeam (04-26-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Doing better since seeing the chiropractor. I am not in the pain that I was yesterday. I will see him again next week for another adjustment. Hopefully, I found a good chiropractor and my sciatica will continue to improve.
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 04-26-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Either the chiropractor has done wonders in two visits for the sciatica or it has resolved for the moment on its own, but it is gone for now. Also I purchased a new firm mattress and I hope that this will help my lower back which is part of the sciatica problem to begin with according to the chiropractor. I really like this man. He is low key, very professional and competent. Anyway, we will see how I sleep and how my back does when I get the mattress. I'll let you guys and girls know.
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 05-07-2014 at 06:05 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonbeam For This Useful Post:

Nonna (05-08-2014), steve.b (05-07-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sciatica has been acting up a little again, but not at all like before.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sciatica has really been bothering me the last couple of days. I heard that diet might have something to do with it. Has anybody heard anything like that or changed their diet in any way to deal with it? In fact, those of you who have it, Is there anything you do that helps it?