Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW - Signing in from Seattle

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome :lol: :lol:
    I am so happy that you are happy with our site...that truly makes me happy!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hello in Seattle! Welcome to our family. I love this website, too. I just wanted to say hi from around the corner: I live in Tacoma, WA. Nice to know I have a "neighbor"!

Thanks

Hi Browneyedgirl, you are such a sweetie, your big heart comes through loud and clear! I also have had a lot of cognitive problems, probably a combo of SLE and meno - or peri or whatevertheheckitis. Thankfully, I've improved a lot the past few years (became ill 2002).

There are indeed many gifts from having this, and one is that I've been forced to slow down and be more in the moment. I too was driven in my career, perhaps a type "A" personality. And I'm a whole different person. The first year I had this, my exhaustion was so complete that for most of that year it was incomprehensible that I could even move and talk -- it felt like it was someone else because I was NOT THERE! It was like that saying about the two sets of footprints where our Creator said He'll never leave our side... and when there's only one set of footprints that means He is carrying us. That year really made this story clear to me. My mind was so blotto that I could not say any of my memorized prayers, and when I started to regain my mind I felt really terrible about it ... then realized that I'd been in a kind of silent prayer or meditation for the entire year.

In a funny way, I miss that! But of course, now I'm in a different phase and the one we're in is always the one where we belong.

Take good care, keep good people around you and you will be right where you belong.
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!