Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with SLE in 2000. Since being diagnosed, I have had kidney failure, heart attack, stroke and now I have CNS and brain involvement. It has been easier for me to accept what happening with the kidney and heart; but as my cognitive skills and memory deteriorate, I feel so helpless. As much as friends want to "be there" for you, I have felt so alone in this disease. I started looking for lupus support groups on the web and I ran across this incredibly supportive web site!!! As I read through the conversations, I laughed and cried and thought to myself "this feels like home". Finally, a place where I can be heard....and understood, a place where someone may have walked this journey before me, or atleast with me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I am and I don't know if there is anyone out there with CNS and brain involvement.

I was placed on long term disability by my employer; and at 52 I'm feeling lost. I know they did the right thing, but I suppose that I gaged my productivity in life by my work. I guess this means "I need to get a life". That's scary (smile).

To whoever created this website, THANK YOU for reaching our and giving us a place to laugh, cry, share our triumphs and our fears. - browneyedgirl53