Thread: serious question for everyone

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question serious question for everyone

I have joined local online support group and I a worried about one girl she seems to have been told that the usa at the mayo clinic is doing research on stem cell research and she has it in her head that it could cure her of lupus and I do not know what to say to her she is getting everyone excited about this break through I do not want her giving herself false hope or any one else for that matter. so I am asking anyone here have they heard of this research. we all know here that so far there is no cure. what do say to her and all the others have any of you been approached for trials.i am worried she is going spend lots of money and time on this. and she is going to be very disappointed at the end. and even more depressed than what she already is. she is only young and not handling this disease very well. any suggestions or help how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated my friends.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think that I have heard of some such research, but I don't think that there are any significant results. As for the trials, I've read that there are not enough patients participating to give accurate results. Therefor any and all research for a cure is slow. Your young girl probably needs help to get her head together Kim; I don't see a cure anytime soon unless there's a miracle .

How are you doing? Hope all is better for you and yours

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (04-22-2014)

Thanks

thanks nonna I agree but I worry she will go to any length even try to go to usa to get help she is already emailing and calling. I worry she will hit deep depression if she does not get the answers she wants. and that she is giving everyone else in group false hope.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

If she has it in her mind that making this trip to participate in the trials might cure her, there is very little that you can do to change her mind or to stop her. The only thing that I can suggest is that you could possibly advise her to educate herself thoroughly about Lupus, its treatments, its symptoms, and its medications before she makes that journey or makes a final decision. Short of that, it is not good for you to stress yourself about this issue as you are virtually powerless to do anything about it. You can only pray that this does not turn out badly for her and offer to be here for her no matter which way it turns out. I wish you the best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

kim,l (05-07-2014), steve.b (04-24-2014)