Hi my name is Andrea. I live in Pennsylvania. I have been married for 22 years and have a grown son. I enjoy gardening, decorating, homesteading recipes. I have a small hobby farm with chickens and goats. I love my country life. I also have a small soap making business that I do for fun. I was diagnosed with Tumid Lupus in 2010. Only really dealing with rashes on my upper arms, back, chest and some joint aches. But that has now changed, I just came out of a really bad flare over last couple weeks. I did a dumb thing and laid in a tanning bed. I have always done this in the past in the Spring. Thinking I need to "build up" a little tan for the summer. Always thought I was doing myself a favor. I have learned a hard and painful lesson. Now knowing and being told by my rheumy that every time I expose myself to UVA/UVB light I am taking a chance and just accelerating my lupus. He is unsure how sun sensitive I will be now. He is suspecting extreme and recommending 50spf at all times, hats and protective clothing with the sun and outside. I ended up with chills, fever of 102+ for days, body aches that I had never felt before and a blistering rash from head to toe. Now been on 60mg of prednisone for almost 2 weeks and started back on 400mg of plaquenil. I am just starting to feel better and the fatigue is finally going away. I am now taking my disease very seriously. Never knowing I could get so sick. It sent all my bloodwork into chaos. Decided to join this group, it's always good to find kindred spirits to share stories, encouraging words and understanding