Thread: Wrist and hand pain..

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Wrist and hand pain..

Hi, here to ask a question. So overall I feel like my lupus has been getting under control. The only thing I can't seem to shake is pain in my hands. It is seriously driving me over the edge. Simple daily tasks seem so difficult to perform. I feel like I'm losing my ability to do anything extra with my hands. Saturday did some yard work that afternoon I could hardly move my hands. Between my thumb and index finger on my right hand was bruised I didn't whack it on anything bruised and hard as rock. The muscle was completely hard. My knuckles swell, forget about lifting anything heavy. I also seem to be feeling what I think is bone pain in my wrists. That bone that sticks out on your wrist carrying a bag of money at work feels like my bones are gonna break. While my knuckles are not swollen a 100% of the time they still hurt 100% of the time. Every visit with my rheumy whom I do like she checks for swollen knuckles if they are not swollen she dismisses it. Every visit I tell her nothing has changed as far as my hands go. At this point I feel like they are getting worse. How do I make her understand this. Just driving my car turning the steering wheel is hurting my bones. How do you all handle this? I love to decorate cakes and I'm really good at it but at this point seems as though I won't be doing it much. If I push I pay you all know the story. What do I ask her for she has never offered any sort of pain meds I've never asked. Saturday I took my husbands pain pills he had from a toe surgery a while back. I've never had scans done on my hands other various body parts. Is it common for lupus patience to get scans on ones hands. I do have carpel tunnel in both hands but I really don't think the things I'm experiencing have to do with carpel tunnel. What do you all think of this? Thanks for reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcatsgirl For This Useful Post:

AmberLPN (07-20-2014)