Hi my name is Sharon I have recently been diagnosed with SLE.
I pretty much diagnosed myself initially, I know that sound crazy but I had not been feeling well for the past couple of years and bought it up to my doctor I believe I may Lupus. I know the symptoms are tricky but with all the issues I had been having I thought I would bring it to his attention. He ran blood work and told me that based on the results I may be on to something. I was referred to a rheumatologist and with further testing I was diagnosed. (That gut feeling that we get should never be ignored) Anyway I have not gotten the support I thought I would have from my family. My husband thinks I am lazy when I tell him how exhausted I am and how much pain I am in. I am on Plaquenil and prednosone. The plaquenil exsabated the fatigue that I had been feeling and I haven't felt much of a difference while on it. The hardest part has been not having support. I don't think my husbands seems to care since physically he sees nothing different. My pain he cannot see and my fatigue he cannot see. There are days he wants me to do things and I can't because I am so tired, he gets upset and carries on. There is no sympathy whatsoever on his part and so I go on with my life as if I was not diagnosed at all. I take my meds and try to stay positive but no support makes staying positive impossible at times. I hope to find the support I don't have at home here in this forum. Take care...