Thread: Sciatica Acting Up Again, plus knee problem

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sciatica Acting Up Again, plus knee problem

Going to see my regular Dr. tomorrow. My sciatica is acting up again and the woman Dr. in Urgent Care said it was arthritis. I don't think so, as arthritis would affect both legs. I asked her if I could have X-rays. She said no as it is only arthritis. She is a condescending Dr. who talks down to people. I am going to try and get my regular Dr. to order X-rays, and an MRI. This is not arthritis! Also, I am having problems with the ligaments in the back of my left knee. Seems like the ligament on the left side (back of the knee) catches and then it has to pop back in place for me to move the knee after I have jumped up on my bed. I really don't know what is going on with this problem. I hope to get some insight on this tomorrow.

Thanks

I'm not sure about arthritis affecting both and not a single limb joint. I have had arthritis in left knee for over a decade due to an old basketball injury & not my right. Same with my ankles & even my carpal tunnel is more progressed in my predominant hand. I've found even legs are predominant-like climbing steps, I will naturally use one more than the other (or like climbing a ladder) perhaps you've strained one side more than the other/has taken more wear. Also having several recent knee injuries, X-rays don't tell much. I had multiple "normal" X-rays but it was after several trips to my ortho (sorry urgent care centers are designed for intricate diagnostic purposes) that he ordered an MRI that showed several ligament tears & degeneration. Bone scans are also helpful in accessing deterioration of joints & bone. Sciatica can also cause phantom like pain in knees, hips & ankles-pain so severe that'd you'd swear the painful area is indeed a separate incident. Keep in mind that nerves-especially in your legs-are directly effected from lower back pain. Have you ever gotten that MRI done of your spine yet? If you do have an lupus diagnosis it might be worth bringing up to your rhuematologist as well-mine has informed me that lupus makes me more susceptible to ligament & tendon tears. Keep on pushing, hope they can provide answers & the relief you need!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My regular Dr. ordered X-rays. They think the trouble is coming from the right hip. She thinks it is arthritis related. I'll know in a couple of days the results of the X-rays. If the X-rays don't show anything, I hope she will will order an MRI. She said not to worry about the knee right now. She doesn't think it is anything serious. She told me to take a wait and see attitude about that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Results of my x-rays were that I have osteoarthritis in my right hip. Next step is physical therapy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))))