Thread: tongue tied

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default tongue tied

Does anyone have problems with speech? Today, for the life of me, I canNOT say "she's on another line". I'm at work and answering the phone is a huge part of what I do. I can say anything else (including a few choice words under my breath...). I looked up stroke symptoms and don't have any other than speech and it is only that one phrase. The phone has been ringing off the hook today so I've had to try to say that line alot today. Even taking a deep breath and speaking slowly does not work. It's going to be a very long day.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Do you think that now you've developed a mental block with that phrase??? It might be the consonant followed by a vowel in 3 times that is presenting a difficulty. Often, such phrases prove to be difficult for many people. Do not feel that there is something wrong with you, the sentence structure is just a bit difficult for you today. You may be fatigued and that is hindering you a bit.
    Hope it gets better soon!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think Susie's right, between fatigue and sentence structure even I have trouble. I feel like I can't talk and then I get

My Mords all Wixed

It's not just you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (04-01-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This happens to me a lot and oddly enough it was when dealing with my grandfather's stroke and other conditions I learned of aphasia. It made so much sense for something like that happen to all of us with lupus. Idk if it's true, I think I will ask my doctor next time I go in. This one is nice and not rude like my last one and answers questions. For me this is how I like to define what is going on. I couldn't say 'manic' all day, there are other days where I can barely form sentences. But when I tell people it's brain fog or lupus(because it's more than that) they get confused but when I say aphasia they understand.