Thread: Palm Springs this weekend

Thanks

Default Palm Springs this weekend

Ok... so i'm kinda scared... i'm going to go to one of the hottest places in California this weekend and i'm scared as hell! It's gunna be 115 degrees this weekend! I'm now officially (since June 7, 2006) scared of the sun! I'm going with my parents and boyfriend on a business trip... so i feel a little bit comforted by the fact they're there. But still... it'll be blazing hot over there and i dunno exactly HOW the place we're staying at is... Thankfully it's in this Country Club area... so we'll be indoors alot because of all the meetings and stuff.

But what about swimming? i'm bringing 2 bathing suits... one that's a bikini - when we go swimming at nite. And i'm also bringing a Tankini in case we go swimming in the daytime - i should be covered up MORE right?

Clothes... nothing but Capris... a few colored tank tops, w/ a cute, short denim jacket w/ short sleeves, a skirt w/ a cute top (for a dinner dance), and a couple of t-shirts!

i have SPF 50 and Waterbabies, just bought this moisturing face wash w/ SPF 15, along w/ the make up Bare Minerals w/ SPF 15 too!

My mom said to bring an unbrella and i have hats...

Too much SPF? What about all the chemicals??

Any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated! :lol:

Thanks

Rach, you'll be fine. Take your hats/umbrella and slather on the sun screen. Take a dip in the pool to cool off get out and get under an umbrella. You can do this! Have fun but take care of yourself!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You've done everything right and have taken great precautions. Just remember "Moderation". One other thing that I do to avoid getting overheated is to always carry water with me and sip on it constantly. Also, I have a little fan that spritzes water.... I keep it handy to cool myself off.
    Have a good time, relax and take care of yourself. You will be fine!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default I'm Baaaack!

Hi everyone! Back from Palm Springs! What a weekend! We were indoors most of the time, like i said. But we had to walk from building to building - of course i wore my straw hat... and my boyfriend carried an umbrella for me, like a princess! And yes i brought all the sunblock, hats, and an umbrella! But it was a good weekend.

Towards the end, my right hand starting turning a little purple tho and my whole right arm started hurting even though i slept on my left side! A flare? i dunno...

And about the swimming... it was soooooooo HOT there! 120 Degrees... probably 100 Degrees at nite! We had only went swimming Saturday nite because we really had no time! And man, how disappointing... i think the water was hotter than the air outside!! Seriously, the water was like a jacuzzi - not refreshing AT ALL! It really sucked! I was soo excited to go swimming... but i just couldnt stand being in the water!!

So yah.. it was a productive weekend! Felt great! Even passed by Morongo on the way home! Lost... but it was fun! LOL

Thanks

Glad to hear you had a good time :lol:

Thanks

Rach - I'm glad you went and had fun! That stinks about the pool water - when we went to mexico a few years ago it was that way - even in the water it wasn't cool! Weird.