Thread: So Itchy!!!

Thanks

Thumbs down So Itchy!!!

I have had on and off itchy skin for years... I'm always super careful about the lotions I use and I haven't changed anything lately....but suddenly I am so itchy! I can't stand it....normally taking a benedryl helps but it isn't doing anything. I never get a rash and no one has been able to explain it.....does anyone else ever experience it? It is itchy across my chest/collarbone and upper back..... I could scratch all day and not get any relief. Anyone had this and figured out some relief?

Thanks

I JUST got finished dealing with this. It was so irritating, I stayed in bed for like 5 days uncomfortable, frustrated, and depressed. I don't know what caused it, but benadryl did help. I stopped all the meds but Norco and plaquenil. I thought I may be having an allergic reaction to one of them. When I went to the doctor about it, he said your body can develop a allergic reaction to a medication. So it might be the case, because I've had episodes that last all day but never for continuous days... I hope this helped and sorry if I was all over the place this is my first post and I got kinda excited to see someone going through what I just went through. Because I didn't know what to do

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It could also be from dry skin or nerves. I get the itchies because of nerves/neuropathy.

Best bet as always is to talk to doctor or dermatologist.

Thanks

I think it must be nerves....my rheumatologist has referred me to a physiatrist so hopefully she will be able to shed some light on it. It definitely isn't dry skin as I use lotion (home made from coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax) all the time. It is a super moisturizer. I've talked to a couple of dermatologists about it and they always shrug their shoulders at me....no rash means it must be in my head right? gah!