Hi all. I'm sure this has been posted before but most of the patients who post about their issues with Plaquenil have only been on it for a few months so I thought I could make my own thread since I have been on it for a year and a half.

I have always had issues with acid reflux and gas prior to Plaquenil but it was a once in a while kind of thing. However, since I've been on Plaquenil it has gotten severe. I am constantly asking my GP and my Rhuemie. Their responses have been "eat more fiber" "try Gas-X" "oh, yeah that happens with Plaquenil". I'm absolutely fed up at this point! They won't help me or refer me to anyone. It's to the point where I can't have a meal without either wanting to vomit or having severe stomach pain. I spend most of my time in my apartment and barely go out to eat with friends because I get sick and embarrassed. Has anyone dealt with this? What do you do to feel better?

Also, just an FYI I can't go lower than 2x a day because last time my Rhuemie did that my Lupus became active again and I'm still active 6 months later, as a result. Also, I avoid dairy products because I'm lactose intolerant.

Any suggestions or advice would be so appreciated. I'm at the point where I want to throw my Plaquenil out the window!