Thread: When you're in a low, what lifts your spirits?

Thanks

Default When you're in a low, what lifts your spirits?

Although I'm doing really well for only being 1.5 weeks post op from my spinal surgery (degenerative disc disease) I'm finding the severe limitations in place are...well frustrating. It's not unfamiliar territory-similar to those times when flares knock you square on your bottom & steal away all those minute traces of energy you've been so reluctant to let go.

It's probably the biggest theft (mentally/spiritually/sociably) I've found that's comes with lupus. That irritating vivacious cycle of unproductiveness & the inevitably temporary negativity that likes to keep its company.

I think we all have our "happy fallbacks" whether it be a song, a hobby, a book, or just some cherished memory in our minds-special things that we lock away until we need it for shelter on those rainy days.

So since I've run out of things to not only busy myself with, but also because my tanks running a little low on positivity--what are some things you do/use to uplift your spirits when you're in a funk?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I watch a movie, preferably a good comedy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I like action movies, imagining myself able to do all those things. I'm a great one for fantasy. Some would say that I hide in the world of fantasy instead of facing reality. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I know what is and what isn't.
    Since our attitudes effect our health, what we do to keep a positive attitude is important. Everyone needs to find their own way. I like the idea of sharing, it gives everyone ideas on how to handle low spirits.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Bakedtater08 (03-20-2014), n.mac (05-05-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Knit. I knit hats for charity. Since Labor Day 2013 I've knitted 108 hats.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My animals mostly, jewelry making, and i feel my worse I like to do coloring pages.

Thanks

I go swimming or go for a drive down to our local beach and just look at the bay. it calms me. I also watch movies on you tube.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I sing..at the top of my lungs..I sing for hours and hours. Nothing brings me more joy than singing!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
    I watch a movie, preferably a good comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    I like action movies, imagining myself able to do all those things. I'm a great one for fantasy. Some would say that I hide in the world of fantasy instead of facing reality. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I know what is and what isn't.
    Since our attitudes effect our health, what we do to keep a positive attitude is important. Everyone needs to find their own way. I like the idea of sharing, it gives everyone ideas on how to handle low spirits.
    ^ Both. I believe a good movie can be very helpful..., I have certain movies that ALWAYS makes me happy and put me into a good spot and try to keep that on hand. I also might use a bit of comfort food... nothing much! But a good movie and comfort really helps. Sometimes posting on online communities to get support is helpful, also.

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Venny For This Useful Post:

Moonbeam (05-05-2014)