Thread: How common is chemo. used on lupus partients?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default How common is chemo. used on lupus partients?

I have never heard it being used till the other day. I thought that it was reserved only for cancer patients. I heard that it has the potential of wiping out lupus ????? It sounds to good to be true. If it were that easy I would think everyone with lupus would be having chemo. I looked up on the ask.com and it had alot of articles about this.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

From what I've read and heard, chemotherapy is only used on the worst cases of Lupus - eminent life-threatening cases. I have never heard of it being used as a standard treatment. Of those treated with chemotherapy, it was given for four days and the bad news is, not everyone went into a remission. The good news was 40% did, and the remissions had lasted as long as five years! Doctors warn that chemotherapy is not a cure, but it's another way of thinking about the worst lupus.

Saysusie

Thanks

The chemotherapy I got helped to put my lupus/lupus nephritis in remission for 8 1/2 years until my recent flare. I received it again recently for my flare of lupus nephritis. That's the only time I receive it.