Thread: Foods that help

Thanks

Default Foods that help

Saysussie,
    I was told that there are foods that help strengthen our immune system and blood. Do you know what they are?
    Have you heard of a 'natural' pill called Mirac? It claims to reduce lupus symptoms.

Thank u for your time, Paula

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Paula; There are so many different diets, body cleansing techniques, herbal supplements etc. that CLAIM to heal and/or cure lupus. If you go their web sites, there will be testimonials from people who claim to have used the different techniques who are now LUPU-FREE. I will not condemn or approve of any of them. I will say that my daughter, in her desperation, tried one of the body cleansing techniques and it did not improve her symptoms at all...in fact, she became even more ill with symptoms from the body cleansing added onto her lupus symptoms!
    Here is what most doctors, Lupus Founations and health experts say about diet and LUPUS:
    1) Decrease your protein intake (eliminate most animal protein from your diet). Replace animal protein with plant protein.
    2) Eliminate milk and milk products. Try substituting other calcium sources.
    3. Eat more organically grown fruits and vegetables as well as organic products made from wheat and soy.
    4) Eliminate polyunsaturated vegetable oils, margarine, vegetable shortening, all partially hydrogenated oils, and foods that contain trans-fatty acids (such as fried foods). USE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AS YOUR MAIN FAT!!
    5)Eat pleanty of fruits andvegetables
    6)Eate ginger and turmeric regularly.
    7) Avoid aplhalpha sprouts and legumes
    8)Avoid foods that are high in sodium and fat.
    Beware of herbs and vitamins that promise to boost your immune system, some may be dangerous (Coenzyme Q-10 may cause serious problems with people with poor circulation). Some herbs may contain dangerous contaminants which can be deadly. Diet and supplements cannot boost your immune system, what it does do is strengthen the other disease-fighting abilities of your immune system. DO THIS WITH HEALTHY FOODS LIKE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! Follow a diet which is rich in complex carbohydrates and try to include at least 10 different foods daily (five of which should be fruit and vegetable servings)
    WITH REFERENCE TO MIRAC: this product HAS NOT been approved by the FDA and they claim that they are exempt. They say that the product is NOT a drug and that it is a bioflavonoid which is found in many fruits and vegetables. It is a product manufactured by Vitatech in California. I have found NOTHING to verify that this product treats LUPUS at all (other than the manufacturer saying that it does). Our illness is a very, very serious one and I would tread very carefully before ordering a drug (without a doctor's prescription) that claims to heal the disease. This product is a commercial plant derivitive and to be taken along with your current medications....I have seen no endorsements by any reputable LUPUS research institutes or foundations! Be Careful!

I Hope That I Have Been Helpful
    Take Care Of Yourself
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Susie,
    If this is the Paula that had problems signing on, her account is just "Paula", not the other one that was sent.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

OK - I'll let her know. Thx for the help!

Saysusie