Thread: Kidney infection, blood in urine not the cause?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Kidney infection, blood in urine not the cause?

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm on a few hours sleep as I waited 8 hrs to be seen in the ER, isn't that ridiculous! Only to be back there two hours. Anyhow I've been having blood in urine for a few weeks now and I've been seeing a Urologist to rule out Cancer. Yesterday though the bleeding was very different, It was bright red as if I had cut myself and my bladder was hurting really bad. My hubby decided we should go to the ER and not wait until the 26 for the systhoscopy. The Ct scan I had last week revealed that I have lesions on my left kidney which will require more testing to see what they are. Now I'm starting to worry.

In the ER, the Dr's told me that the blood was not being caused by my kidney infection which caused some confusion and fear, and that I should continue to see my urologist for further testing, but testing did confirm that I have a kidney infection.

I came in to work on a few hours sleep because I want to save my time but I can't think straight. I'm soooo tired and in so much pain.
    Please keep me in your prayers, I'm really scared of my kidneys being affected by this monster.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi;
    You mentioned that the ER doctor said that you do have a kidney infection. Did they prescribe anything for that infection? I have been told that if the blood is bright red, then it is surface blood (meaning not necessarily from an organ but perhaps from irritation on the top layer of tissue). That could be the reason why they said the blood was not from the kidney infection.
    I do hope that you get some answers soon and that you do not have kidney damage. Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Good morning Saysusie, they did prescribe antibiotics however I went to three pharmacies and no one had it. The ordered it for me to pick up this afternoon. HHMM, what you say makes sense because the blood looked as If I where bleeding from a cut. I'm praying hard nothing Lupus related is going on with my kidneys but I am feeling a little scared now with all the issues I've been having recently. Thanks for your reply, you're a wealth of knowledge. Have a great one!
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"