Thread: bladder issues

Thanks

Default bladder issues

so I thought I was passing a kidney stone, but ultrasound showed nothing... UA was negative for infection but positive for gross blood. now I pee very frequently and have a strange sensation down there. any thoughts? I am a nurse which is sometimes worse than being ignorant!

Thanks

I am SO glad you brought this up! I notice a difference too! on my "bad" days, when I am not feeling so good, I feel I urinate SUPER frequently. On days I feel good, I urinate normally. I even was tested for a bladder infection, and nothing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

for me ...... inflamation is a big problem.

anything can become inflamed
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Bakedtater08 (02-24-2014)

Thanks

During a flare, I have to urinate frequently and immediately or I don't go for hours. When my bladder is full, my brain doesn't seem to get the signal until it's almost too late or is too late. Sometimes I have pain. During my worst flare, the one right before my diagnosis, I failed to make it to the toidie three times in the same day. Lucky for me, it was Labor Day instead of a school day. UTI tests were negative. We are moving to a new school in Dec. My main concern at the moment is how far my room is from the restroom and how much a Tena pad holds in case I don't make it during a flare.

Thanks

I'm so glad you brought this up too! I have soreness associated with going, my brain doesn't seem to get the message that I need to go either so I just have to remember to go try every few hours (and remembering things isn't always my forte), I always have traces of blood and always high WBC's, and there's an unusual odor, but no bacteria or fungus so no UTI they tell me. Been to the urologist, had kidney tests that were all fine and had that evil test where they scope the bladder, and nobody seems to know what's happening. They tell me my problem, "is just one of those things". Seriously, so that's it? So its just ok to have sky-high WBC in your urine and some traces of blood? The UTI like symptoms get worse whenever I'm sick. Feels like I'm on a loop with this particular problem. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This seems to be a problem for quite a few of us. I've seen the urologist and he also told me nothing is wrong. So I'm with the rest of you, What the heck is going on with us?????????????

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (02-24-2014)

Thanks

I started having bladder problems about a year ago now. Problems with frequency, urgency and even incontinence. The incontinence was the symptom that finally got the doctors thinking that I may have lupus. Just like some of you, it's like my brain doesn't get the signal that I have to go. The doctors told me I had a neurogenic bladder and prescribed me a medicine for overactive bladder called Ditropan. Don't know if it would help any of you but it might be worth asking your doctors. I know that the Ditropan has been a life saver for me. I haven't had a single "accident" since I started taking it. I am so glad you all posted. For months I have been trying to find others going through this problem. I'm only 23 so this has been a pretty scary symptom. It helps to know I'm not alone.

Thanks

I have intersitial cystitis and it is very painful. Try taking a cystex or azo( it's OTC) amd see if the pain goes right away. I would also ask to see a urologist.

Thanks

I have a lot of kidney involvement with my sle-I also suffer form stones non stop due to high uric acid. It could be possible you had a stone and passed it before the test was done-for me it's a dead give away when I start experiencing pain that a stone is moving. But I also experience other issues-like the urgency or inability to urinate. Part of this reason is from inflammation-when I flare my ureters & bladder become inflamed (sometimes so much so that I've had to have stents placed or have had horrible renal colic). The "weird" pain you experience sounds very familiar. When I'm not "full flare" I also experience remote pain (not when using the rest room) that comes quick & sharp or sometimes dull & achey but fades as quickly as it came on. Sometimes worse than others. My urologist explained to me that irritation or inflammation can cause bladder spasms, which can be very mild or severe. Personally I have found relief taking prescriptions for bladder spasms during these times, or things like piridium which alleviates "phantom" burning or discomfort. There are also many other reasons for these issues-some congenital. For anyone dealing with these issues, I suggest speaking openly with your urologist & nephrologist. Sometimes it may be something simple that can make a world of difference.
    Last edited by Bakedtater08; 02-24-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Grammatical